Watches

I wear a g-shock, and will continue to do so till I die. I wear a Nixon Player watch for dress occasions. Otherwise it's a g-shock.

I figured out the body temp. situation with the thermometer, but you're correct...it doesn't get used much. I'm not normally anywhere where the baro or alti would really benefit me at the moment..so I haven't taken the time to give it the proper attention. I understand the basics though.

I hear there are supposed to FINALLY be some tan, or "desert beige" G-Shocks coming out this summer. I'm definitely interested in getting one of those.

All the pics (except the last) shamelessly lifted from the 'net.

(1) G-shock. My all purpose watch
G-Shock AWG-100.jpg

(2) Citizen Aqualand duplex w/ depth gauge. Wore these for decades.
Citizen Aqualand duplex.jpg

(3) Citizen Aqualand solar. My current favorite. Fits in w/ the crowd at Cape Cod and martinis.
Citizen Aqualand.jpg

(4) Seiko Solar Diver. Had my first Seiko in the Philippines 30 yrs ago.
Seiko solar.jpg

(5) The current lineup. Yes, I'm a lousy photographer. The Seiko is upside down. My Aqualand needs to be sent in.
Watch family.JPG

All the pics (except the last) shamelessly lifted from the 'net.

(1) G-shock. My all purpose watch
View attachment 8352

(2) Citizen Aqualand duplex w/ depth gauge. Wore these for decades.
View attachment 8353

(3) Citizen Aqualand solar. My current favorite. Fits in w/ the crowd at Cape Cod and martinis.
View attachment 8354

(4) Seiko Solar Diver. Had my first Seiko in the Philippines 30 yrs ago.
View attachment 8355

(5) The current lineup. Yes, I'm a lousy photographer. The Seiko is upside down. My Aqualand needs to be sent in.
View attachment 8356

I like the 2nd Force backdrop and 1911. Is that a MEU(SOC) clone?

Teufel, thought you'd appreciate it.
I got that shirt when I passed indoc in '89.
That's a Springfield Operator. It's close to my issued MEUSOC from '89. It's awesome out of the box.
Got a buddy who's trying to finagle a real one from Quantico once they transition to the new pistol.

Started with a G-Shock DW-6600 when I first came in the service. Bought into the ABC world and got a Suunto Vector, had a Suunto Core for a few years and once it's popularity started getting out of control I started looking at something new...doing research on the new Suunto Ambit right now...but I'm back to my trusty DW-6600. Probably my favorite watch of all time.
casio-g-shock-dw6600-watch-profile.jpg

Teufel, thought you'd appreciate it.
I got that shirt when I passed indoc in '89.
That's a Springfield Operator. It's close to my issued MEUSOC from '89. It's awesome out of the box.
Got a buddy who's trying to finagle a real one from Quantico once they transition to the new pistol.

The M45 works beautifully. We have MEUSOCs in our inventory as well. What I will say however is that many of the guys have kicked themselves for prefering the Glock over both.

I settled with the cheapest watch that could give me a altimeter, accurate compass, and a light that isn't BS.
:blkeye:

Suunto Core

Bought it with my dividends at REI in APril when they run their member special...got it for a steal...
No seriously..I walked out with it....:ninja:

I guess I'll get in on this...

From left to right:

Timex Ironman, pretty basic.
Casio G-Shock: Tough Atomic/Tough Solar chronograph. Will probably never die.
Citizen Eco Drive chronograph: Was a Christmas gift from my Dad about 3-4 years ago. Will also probably never die.
The last one was a recent gift from my wife. Nothing fancy. Just a stainless steel bracelet, black bezel, black face. It is a bit high-maintenance though and as you can see, the least accurate... ;-)

photo-3.JPG

Back