Watches

Jeeezus, you guys are too high speed for a simple Aussie. Having said that theres some amazing machinery above. But as my eyes are now blehh, I can't use a digital as I can't see the readout, let alone read those teensy dials. The basic Luminox doesn't quit on you and is a "no sea to ruff no muff too tuff" kinda watch. The luminosity is constant & easy to read with fuzzy sight. My only concession is I have two.

For the watch geeks among us, will you share a favorite or one that is unique?

A Seiko Quartz diver that I got in 1981, runs like a champ, only had to have batteries and bands replaced... it went through the SFQC with me.
A Wenger Swiss Commando, nice watch, needs a battery at the moment.

Everyday wear right now is a Casio digital Baro/Alti that works well... need to take it off for the thermometer to be accurate though..

He's got a rocking cool Hello Kitty watch he wears a lot.

And that aqua 1983 Swatch watch he wears is a big hit with all the hipsters.

:ROFLMAO:

Says the man that switches between his PeeWee Herman, My Little Pony and Rainbow Unicorn watches.....:p

Last edited by a moderator:
My buddy, an old Viet vet wanted me to get a fake Rolex Submariner for him in Thailand. So ok...$A60 and it's his. It goes like a champion for 10 days and carks it. :-/ (Well of course mate)...not only that he took it to the local Rolex shop to get repaired. O_o He was upset coz they wouldn't fix it.:whatever:

I have a "Real" Rolex Submariner I paid $15 for in Baghdad...still runs and is even a self winder:ack: Everyday watch is a Casio Pathfinder Triple Sensor.

Back