Water Con (Underwaters)

Between this, your freefall nap, and whatever else we don't know or have forgotten...what are you going to do the day something goes right for a change? :-)

That will be the day the world ends because Teufel fails due to the fact he will not be adapting to and overcoming the situation.

I had a mid air collision with another student at freefall school and took a 5,000 foot nap before coming to, correcting my tumble, stabilizing, setting & releasing my drogue parachute right before my cypress would have fired.

Between this, your freefall nap, and whatever else we don't know or have forgotten...what are you going to do the day something goes right for a change? :-)
I haven't been lucky during entry level training. I broke my ankle two weeks into the Basic Recon Course as well.

Just breathe in through the nose out through the mouth....trying to breathe all your air out and suck in as much as possible right before the start is not the way to go....its all about relaxing and being focused.

Get a good kick off the wall and just keyhole and breaststroke kick like the videos show.

Eventually after a few intervals you will start to guppy at the end or middle of the 25m...you still have 30-60seconds worth of air in you before the possibility of a shallow water blackout.

Definitely want to stay relaxed though because the sharks can see fear lol

If I quit a selection process I would hesitate to then provide advice to those getting ready to go through it. You know like maybe your advice isn't any good because you quit.

If I quit a selection process I would hesitate to then provide advice to those getting ready to go through it. You know like maybe your advice isn't any good because you quit.

I hit like, although I wanted to hit like and agree... like was first on the list so it won.

I would hesitate to comment on a situation I know nothing about also....but considering I completed my "selection process" and quit at another course I am confident in giving this advice.

If I need a Combat Dive badge to comment on 25m underwaters performed at a school I went to and passed please let me know as I did not read anything that mentioned that when I joined the SS forums. The advice I provided was far from incorrect or bad advice. If I need to be vetted on which schools I've attended and passed, I can do that.

I am not in the business of giving bad information. I am here to learn and also share my limited experiences with those that ask questions that correlate with those experiences.

I would hesitate to comment on a situation I know nothing about also....but considering I completed my "selection process" and quit at another course I am confident in giving this advice.

If I need a Combat Dive badge to comment on 25m underwaters performed at a school I went to and passed please let me know as I did not read anything that mentioned that when I joined the SS forums. The advice I provided was far from incorrect or bad advice. If I need to be vetted on which schools I've attended and passed, I can do that.

I am not in the business of giving bad information. I am here to learn and also share my limited experiences with those that ask questions that correlate with those experiences.

Tell you what, PM me any documentation you have to support your claims. I'll bounce it off of our vetted AFSOC guys and let them provide feedback.

If I need a Combat Dive badge to comment on 25m underwaters performed at a school I went to and passed please let me know as I did not read anything that mentioned that when I joined the SS forums. The advice I provided was far from incorrect or bad advice...

Not to point out the obvious, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you said you wished to re enter one of the BA AFSC again so it might not be to wise to argue and whatnot with some of these gentlemen. Some of these PJs make a few posts that might lead them to be cadre or prior cadre, which as you should know are right by the CCT/SOWT guys. Lastly the retraining assessment has a lot to do with your personality, one quick call from one of these guys saying "this kid runs his mouth on a forum like he's BTDT" and you won't get picked up. Not saying your right or wrong, just something to remember.

Back