West Papuan War for Independence

"Indonesia has sought to suppress news of the conflict getting out, restricting foreign media from entering the contested provinces and even cutting off the region's internet access at the height of the revolt."

I had no idea....thanks for the link TH.

Good article. Indonesia has a few independence movements out and about. Aceh was pretty hot for a bit. Interesting weapons, too.

I enlisted in 96 and we've been talking about West Papua for that long. There is nothing more that the rank and file of the Australian Army would like to do, but go up there and kick the shit out of the TNI.

Interesting weapons, too.

I hope that F89 with the M16 magazine goes better with live rounds than it did with blank. It was essentially a single shot POS with a box magazine fitted.

I enlisted in 96 and we've been talking about West Papua for that long. There is nothing more that the rank and file of the Australian Army would like to do, but go up there and kick the shit out of the TNI.

I hope that F89 with the M16 magazine goes better with live rounds than it did with blank. It was essentially a single shot POS with a box magazine fitted.
There’s been some serious events up there & all of it never goes anywhere.
Separatist gunmen kill 31 workers in restive Papua region, Indonesian authorities say - ABC News
That’s just one of many, many incidents. The borders are porous & ambushes are common from both sides.

I always liked the story of the joint NZSAS/SASR raid into Indonesia for revenge, taking out a massive amount of their SF. I dunno if it's true but I like the story.

Can't speak to the LMG but those weapons look pretty shiny for bushmen.

Back