What about Latin America and the Cartels?

There is more to that offshoot Mormon group in Mexico than is hitting the news, yet. Information is they have always been well armed at there compound, and have had clashes with the cartels in the past.

Not to say this is an excuse, but I do wonder if there was an underlining cause, or just mis-identification...etc.

for some reason the spokesman for the Langford family thinks his family was used as bait... his thought process is this: Juarez Cartel shot up the cars and burned them in order to trick the Sinaloa Cartel into thinking that it was their vehicles burning and have them rush into a trap... surely the Sinaloa Cartel has access to radios and would quickly figure out it wasn't their white suburbans.... Mr. Langford is much more in tune with the local dynamics but I still find this hard to believe. Reuters Article on Massacred Family

so, if it wasn't a trap set by the Juarez Cartel then why did this happen? this aspect of it has bugged me over the last few days. how does the Juarez Cartel benefit from killing these Mexican-Americans? My mind quickly drifts to Poncho Villa days and the situations are similar.

Poncho Villa's massacre of Americans occurred during a revolutionary Mexico with competing factions trying to assume the lead dog identity and showing up the Americans was a great way to gain clout among the competing revolutionary groups. Strong action against foreigners along the northern border gains you political respect in Mexico City.

does the same thinking apply to the cartels here? I know Mexico isn't currently in open revolution with competing militias trying to have a seat at the table but the situation seems similar. This doesn't seem like typical fighting over smuggling routes. Would one cartel actually benefit in Mexico City from a brazen act against Americans? Are cartels so synonymous with Mexican govt that there are tangible links between their goals and operations?

lots of spit-balling here but this one has me confused....

for some reason the spokesman for the Langford family thinks his family was used as bait... his thought process is this: Juarez Cartel shot up the cars and burned them in order to trick the Sinaloa Cartel into thinking that it was their vehicles burning and have them rush into a trap... surely the Sinaloa Cartel has access to radios and would quickly figure out it wasn't their white suburbans.... Mr. Langford is much more in tune with the local dynamics but I still find this hard to believe. Reuters Article on Massacred Family

so, if it wasn't a trap set by the Juarez Cartel then why did this happen? this aspect of it has bugged me over the last few days. how does the Juarez Cartel benefit from killing these Mexican-Americans? My mind quickly drifts to Poncho Villa days and the situations are similar.

Poncho Villa's massacre of Americans occurred during a revolutionary Mexico with competing factions trying to assume the lead dog identity and showing up the Americans was a great way to gain clout among the competing revolutionary groups. Strong action against foreigners along the northern border gains you political respect in Mexico City.

does the same thinking apply to the cartels here? I know Mexico isn't currently in open revolution with competing militias trying to have a seat at the table but the situation seems similar. This doesn't seem like typical fighting over smuggling routes. Would one cartel actually benefit in Mexico City from a brazen act against Americans? Are cartels so synonymous with Mexican govt that there are tangible links between their goals and operations?

lots of spit-balling here but this one has me confused....

The Mormons-as-bait angle makes no sense to me. Sinaloa and Juarez have been fighting each other for years. Usually when they kill civilians it's only to blame a rival for the killings or punish some transgression or interference.

There's no upside for any cartel or TCO to massacre American citizens...unless it's to frame a rival cartel. And even then it draws unwanted attention and disrupts business.

Last edited:
Seriously though - I'd like to ask "what about the the cartels" - why the fascination
...we have them in the US they just arent as openly violent in public.

Far more corrupt than the small time drug dealers south of the border - I think we call them politicians here in the US

There's an upside to all this. Prosegur, the Spain-based PSC is doing landmark business in Mexico after some acquisitions. The Mexico Security Expo gets bigger and bigger every year.

Vehicle armoring is up about 850% in the last ten years. And not just CEO's anymore...the client base is shifting to lower income levels. IAC out of Utah is a big exporter. They're armoring up more mainstream, cheaper vehicles with light weight synthetic armor laminate.

So you can deny all you want--like El Presidente (Hugs, not bullets)--or you can just admit that your situation is totally FUBAR and try to make the most of it. 8-)

Cartels don’t play...more power than the govt, and nobody is safe from their reach.

Have you seen this? Shit is unreal down there.

Mexico’s multibillion-dollar avocado industry, headquartered in Michoacan state, has become a prime target for cartels, which have been seizing farms and clearing protected woodlands to plant their own groves of what locals call “green gold.”

Inside the bloody cartel war for Mexico's multibillion-dollar avocado industry

This could change EVERYTHING. Changing from Drug Trafficking Organization to Designated Terrorist Organization shifts the authorities from Title 18 to Title 10. To refresh, in order to operationalize Title 10, all the homework would be done via Title 50. }:-)

“So you are going to designate the Mexican cartels as terror groups?” O’Reilly pressed.

Yeah, I will be,” Trump responded. “I have been working on that for the last 90 days. You know, designation is not that easy, you have to go through a process, and we are well into that process.”

This could change EVERYTHING. Changing from Drug Trafficking Organization to Designated Terrorist Organization shifts the authorities from Title 18 to Title 10. To refresh, in order to operationalize Title 10, all the homework would be done via Title 50. }:-)

“So you are going to designate the Mexican cartels as terror groups?” O’Reilly pressed.

Yeah, I will be,” Trump responded. “I have been working on that for the last 90 days. You know, designation is not that easy, you have to go through a process, and we are well into that process.”
Sooo, I'll be ready in September. Get the tour of duty request going. 🍆💦

Regional preferences. Blue for coke, red for meth.

View attachment 30533

Florida's meth pocket centers around...Polk County! Color me shocked...

Speaking of colors, is this map saying Republicans smoke meth while Democrats use the more socially acceptable cocaine? OR are they rolling crack into the blue dots and now this explains a lot?

Neat Rogan video on the cartels. For cross thread points, China is mentioned as a player in Mexico as well.

TLDW
- For those of you who like public lands in the US, you're sharing resources with cartel grow operations. Think forest management and pollution.
- Generation of cartel kids born in the US coming of age.
- Mexican ultra left govt's campaign of 'Hugs not Bullets' and the consequences of disarming a populace.
- Chinese incursions into Mexico for resources.

I know some of the stuff I post is pretty long, but for videos it helps using the captions feature and speeding things up to 1.5 via the video settings.

Last edited:
Back