What are Your Five Greatest Armies Of All Time?

The African Zulu Nation from aprox 1815 to 1828 under their Chief Shaka

I see your Zulu nation, and I raise you one British Empire. Rorke's Drift. I know, I know... 50 yr difference. But who else was I going to use to lead in to my all time favorite battle? :D

I see your Zulu nation, and I raise you one British Empire. Rorke's Drift. I know, I know... 50 yr difference. But who else was I going to use to lead in to my all time favorite battle? :D

You cannot forget the engagement that proceeded the one at Rorke's Drift! Isandlwana!

Troopies poorly deployed. They were out too far from their perimeter and put in positions individually up to 100 metres apart. No chance against Zulus hyped up on the local ganja. But granted, an emphatic win.

Yall, but the Zulu nation did it with sharp and blunt objects which for me gives them a light advantage. However, your point is well taken...

1) Roman Legions- Conquered the known world, very adaptable.
2) French(Under Napoleon)- Conquered Europe, as well as made that deceptively "easy" push for Russia.
3)Ottoman Empire-Lasted till WWI
4)United Kingdom, Great Britain, England-whichever way you hack it, "The sun never sets on the British Empire"
5)United States of America-We showed Hitler's "Supermen" what's up.

Back