What is your favourite sidearm

But shot placement with a .45 is better than with a 9mm... :)

At least you can miss by a larger margin & still put your target down. :D

Personally, I prefer the 9mm because I can control it better; I'm such a princess anything larger makes me recoil in fear.

Just about all are my favorites. I carry a Glock 22 at work. No issues with it at all. Nice pistol. Off duty its a Kimber Ultra Carry (primary), .38snubby (Smith and Wesson), KelTec P3AT or a Glock 23. Methods of carry vary with them as well. Kimber either rides in a belt holster (Mitch Rosen) or a shoulder holster (also a Mitch Rosen). KelTec is always in the back pocket in a pocket holster. The snubby is sometimes on the ankle or in a jacket pocket. The G23 rides in a CompTac paddle holster (probably one of the best paddles I have found).

Never really found a good inside the waistband holster that felt comfortable.

Extra ammo is always carried too!:cool:

Id have to say of all my favorite guns, id have to say that my sw99 40cal.is my favorite of all.

Its light , accurate , reliable and has the adjustable back strap so it fits my big paws perfectly.

I added a rubber grip cover for added comfort.

I enjoy the 45's but, for personal protection i enjoy the 40cal because i get plenty of stopping power and added rounds dosnt hurt either.

sw99_9_large.jpg

For those of you so blessed, or those who care to opine, any preferences for lefty-friendly sidearms?

You looking for a full size or sub/compact?

I'm a lefty and with the addition of an ambi-safety I think the 1911 is set up better for lefties than righties.

Over the last two weeks I’ve shot a handful of guns looking for an every day carry. So far I’ve been most impressed with the Ruger SR9 (did NOT like the compact version) and the Walther PPS...which I think fits the bill of a carry gun better.

While I like both guns in terms of ergonomics and accuracy (the trigger on the SR9 is AWESOME), I’m not sold on 9mm as a carry round and will being doing some more research on available loads before I make a decision on springing for the PPS.

The thread's original question "what is your favourite sidearm" - but I wonder, "favorite for what purpose?" Duty carry vs off-duty, CCW vs target shooting; two-legged targets vs four-legged targets . . .?

My Munchkin sized Kahr PM 40 is a great companion when I'm walking late night downtown. My ancient Colt 1911 .45 ACP fits my hand and eye without conscious thought and carries enough "oomph" to put a man down nearly anywhere my round winds up on his body. My SIG 226 9mm complied with a contract requirement, and gave me an endless supply of "free" ammo. My S&W .44 Mag Mountain Gun with handloads gives me some sense of protection when I'm strolling Alaska's rivers in the company of big Brownies. What's my favorite sidearm? The tool depends on the terrain and the target, oh, and the bank account, of course.

The SW99 i have has ambidextrous mag release, so its both handed..lol

Same with the Beretta's 92 or 96. Good to go either hand. Since I shoot with both left and right, maybe that's why i like the Beretta so much!

We used the Beretta in the MP's and I found it was a very nice gun. It was very accurate and had very few malfunctions. The only thing it lacked was knock down power...but it did have 16 rounds so that was a plus. But i would have preferred the old 1911's or at least a 40cal

Favourite 45: Wilson CQB
Favourite 9mm: Sig 226

All I need to be a happy little igloo maker.

Back