Votes: 23 11.7%
  • Folder

Votes: 111 56.6%
  • Multi-tool

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I don't carry a knife

Votes: 7 3.6%

• Total voters
@Barbarian ... OKCA Spring SHOW next weekend... Some of your heroes are showing up this year... WWHjr fer sure, Curt, Mark, Dave Lisch, Kenny O., Wayne Goddard, Jose Diaz... a couple of Crucible guys, maybe Thad B., some cat named Wilson who makes kitchen cutlery and field choppers too... so, when are you going to make it? There is a hell of a BBQ that's invite only that I might be able to get you in to...

I bet you mean Phil Wilson. Hes the mentor of a friend of mine.

@x SF med
OKCA: God, I want to go......Don't think I can though. I'll pm you later, to let you know for sure.

I bet you mean Phil Wilson. Hes the mentor of a friend of mine.

@x SF med
OKCA: God, I want to go......Don't think I can though. I'll pm you later, to let you know for sure.

<sarcasm, on> No, the other Wilson fella that makes world renowned chef and kitchen cutlery... :hmm: <sarcasm, off>

I need to make a hotel reservation... only staying for Friday and Saturday ... Friday 0800... Knife Steels material science Seminar. Friday, noonish to 1700ish... help cook and set up for the 10th Annual Tactial BBQ and Bacchanalia. Saturday, 0800/0900ish to 1700ish... nurse an alcohol induced concussion that feels like a battalion of jackhammers being used on one's skull-brain, and spinal cord, with sharpening and forging seminars, loud people, sharp knives, cool knifemaking gear and harass well known knife celebrities about life in general... maybe stay for Sunday... less the concussion and for a shorter time period...

Has anyone had any experiences shopping with knifesupply.com?

I ordered from them 2/28 and received the order and shipping confirmation; however they didn't use the full address I listed. Customer service communication has been poor to nonexistent in correcting this.

I'm trying to give them the benefit of doubt, but I probably won't be shopping there again unless someone can vouch and say this is unusual for said named company.

Knife geekery supplement:
A small limited run of blades being ground out of Elmax stainless.

4 Wanderer "survival/utility"s
2 Ronin's Path "fighter"s
1 Hashke "fighter"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Knife geekery supplement:
A small limited run of blades being ground out of Elmax stainless.

4 Wanderer "survival/utility"s
2 Ronin's Path "fighter"s
1 Hashke "fighter"

knife geek on...

Are they going to be double or single bevel? What's the blade geometry from edge to spine going to look like? Are you going with differentially heated blades, Elmax is a good candidate for diff. HT... Are they going to be cryo'd or just cold quenched for final fixing?

Oh, for Christmas you can get me this little toy, Travis would love to make one for me and you would not be banned from here. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

knife geek on...

Are they going to be double or single bevel? What's the blade geometry from edge to spine going to look like? Are you going with differentially heated blades, Elmax is a good candidate for diff. HT... Are they going to be cryo'd or just cold quenched for final fixing?

Oh, for Christmas you can get me this little toy, Travis would love to make one for me and you would not be banned from here. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wanderer Model: 5/32in or 3/16in stock, 4.5in cutting edge, full flat grind, 1 primary bevel

Ronin's Path (Team knives): 3/16in stock, 5.5in cutting edge, saber grind, secondary bevel on spine side runs from tip to the area of the blade's max width

Hashke: 3/16in stock, 7.5in cutting edge, saber grind, secondary bevel on spine side runs from tip to the area of the blade's max width

Hadn't considered differentially treated elmax. I currently intend to do a homogenous heat treatment with actual cryo. At 60RC, elmax still has stupid high toughness. More than any other knife grade, stainless steel (at 60RC) that I am aware of. However any lower than 60RC and its edge-holding takes a nose dive, in my experience. There is a VERY noticeable difference in edge holding between even 59 and 60RC.

Nice... now if I could just get my Grizzly grinder to keep the belt tracking without walking... I'm ready to do some minor exploratory surgery on the beast to see if I can find the issue... it could just be that it's new and I haven't stretched the steel on the tensioner so that the tracking knob engages properly... new grinders do have that issue...

Roger, this is an old post but does this question ever really expire? I have several knives, but my Randall Model 15 is my favorite. I bought it as a safe queen, never used, from a buddy who is a 80s era Green Beret. My latest find was an old Kinfolks fighting knife found at a yard sale.

A Buck knife is my EDC on the farm. I wear a Kabar when I'm hunting. And I have a Swiss Army Knife in the truck for those pretentious non-twist-off beer caps. 8-)

I've also started carrying my 30-30 in the truck in case I see a LEO getting beat up by a perp.

Gerber Mark 1 fixed blade IWB at 1100 or a folder in my right front pocket.

Back