Harsey T1
Harsey Reeve GB
Buck fixed blade camp knife
Gerber folder (small in pocket)
Leatherman Super Tool 200 Black Anodized
Explorer MkII Survival
FN Bayonnet
A cheap folder if I think it's going to get lost
and whatever I can get from Bill Harsey next.

Hi, I'm x SF med, and I'm a knife-a-holic...

I was put on a 3 knife profile by my team leader, because I had a super leatherman, leatherman crunch? and gerber BMF (on my kit) benchmade AFCK and benchmade auto depending on my mood, plus some throwers simply because they were fun to spend idle time with when in an admin patrol base, or between iterations of live fire/blank fire....

Hi, I'm x SF med, and I'm a knife-a-holic...
Hehehe...Unfortunately I'm in that category as well. }:-)

I haven't purchased one of the more expensive folders yet, but that will be my next move down the line...

I currently own:
Spyderco:
A Native (which I carry most of the time)
A Bob Turtsuola Custom model
A Rescue w/orange handle
Gerber:
Blackie Collins boating/rafting rescue knife (I don't need it, but it was cool and I got a deal on it)
Ez-Out Folder (Nice, but it doesn't have a serrated edge so I don't use it much)
450 Folder I gotta say that for a cheap knife it is a great knife.

Buck Folding fillet knife: It is the most awesome knife for making flounder fillets I've ever seen.
Normark fixed blade fillet knife: It was given to me by my uncle in 1970; and they still make the exact same model.
Dexter Russell
Serrated fixed blade knife with a plastic sheath It cost me Five Dollars and it is awesome: The steel gets wicked sharp and it is highly corrosion resistant in salt water. It is one of the best knives that I own, and I highly recommend it if you spend a lot of time on the water.
Serrated Kitchen Knife
Abel Fishing Knife. Got a deal on it when they were first made. Good blade but the plastic handle impinges slightly on the blade rotation, which is a problem. Mark Abel doesn't make them with a plastic sheath any more.
Leatherman-- Got the original multitool when they came out almost 20 years ago. Been meaning to replace it with a newer model Wave but just haven't gotten around to it. I carry my multitool in my soft briefcase wherever I go.
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife
Machetes:
Ontario Knife Company-- 15 dollar item that bushwhacks better than a weedeater.
A Phillipine Bola custom made for my grandfather in the 1930's.
SOG: Fixed blade that is all business. It is the most expensive knife that I own. I hope I never have to use it...

Oh, and a five dollar Frost Cutlery utility knife with a plastic sheath. Saw it in a fishing store in Martha's Vineyard and couldn't resist it...

Benchmade Auto that I got here, SOG trident, Gerber tool, Gerber mini paraframe, CRKT ultima on my IBA, some other Gerber folder in my pocket, and a Kabar on the bottom of my aidbag. yes, I too am a Knife-a-holic. :) (LL, I feel your pain! I can't choose!!)

Well, I forgot my Gerber Blackie Collins 'Frisco Shiv (Dragon's tooth dagger), and the Parker Fairbairn design dagger that was a present from my Co Cdr for Christmas one year. More knives to follow, and if kitchen knives count - well, I do have a full set of Sabatier designed Cusine de France cooking knives, to include the steak knives.

When out at the bar or in jeans/shorts I carry this;

511198.jpg

When at work or in a suit a kbar;
511199.jpg

When out at the bar or in jeans/shorts I carry this;
I've had my eye on those as I see them in catalogues; but I've never seen one in person. The fact that you own one is a good recommendation.

When at work or in a suit a kbar;
Hehe, I'll bet that there aren't too many pencil neck dudes in suits that carry one of those... :D

If it's all business, why not use it?
Because it could be a bit of a problem in this state... ;)

I recieved a nice gift with the mail the other day (ok ok it wasnt really for me)
A Kukhri. I have no idea how to use it and for what, but it looks damn fine on the wall!

Emerson Combat Karambit (folder) or non-metalic fiberglass combat Karambit. The folder for day-to-day carry. The non metalic for suit & tie days or when I'm donning a tux (great compliment to my Walther P-22 or Ruger SP101 3.25").
bestknives_1962_54171982

urdefense_1961_12113124

I counted 4 carrying a CRKT M16-13z or other carson design. Any advice on the best way to sharpen one without fucking it up?

Back