Votes: 23 11.7%
  • Folder

Votes: 111 56.6%
  • Multi-tool

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I don't carry a knife

Votes: 7 3.6%

• Total voters
I used to carry a Gerber E-Z Out Jr Serrated until I lost it in the bush. It was a great knife and I was pissed. Lately I've been looking at the Leatherman k503x and e307x serrated as a replacement.

Clicked the wrong category (bird flu)

Microtech Makora D/E

Damn thing's bulletproof, sneaky fast and reliable. It's 2 years old and the only thing I could think of replacing it with is another Microtech, maybe a Scarab.

If I ever have to scrap in a bar, I always have my Klingon battle knife tucked in my jacket... good for grabbing tabs on beer cans too.

Attachments

• st3-klingon-knife.jpg
    st3-klingon-knife.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 60
So with one of my gift cards from the holidays I picked up myself a new every day carry. The model I picked up was the Leatherman c302, the straight edged; the every day duties I do lately I don't need the serrated. It's very light and easy to handle, fits nicely in my pocket with the side clip or on a belt loop, jacket, or bag loop with the 'biner clip.

http://www.leatherman.com/products/knives/c302-c303/default.asp

The sleek aluminum handle and 420HC stainless steel blade are crafted in Leatherman's feature-rich tradition. With a unique rotating carabiner/bottle opener, removable pocket clip and patent-pending Blade Launcher™ technology, the c302 (straight edge) and c303 (combo) are the ultimate combination of form and function.

c302-c303-diagram.jpg

So with one of my gift cards from the holidays I picked up myself a new every day carry. The model I picked up was the Leatherman c302, the straight edged; the every day duties I do lately I don't need the serrated. It's very light and easy to handle, fits nicely in my pocket with the side clip or on a belt loop, jacket, or bag loop with the 'biner clip.

http://www.leatherman.com/products/knives/c302-c303/default.asp
I have that very knife(the 303) in my truck's console! Mine's black, though. I also have a Kershaw JYD serrated that I used to use as a daily carry before leaving it in my desk at work after cutting a halter off a mare one morning.

I have that very knife(the 303) in my truck's console! Mine's black, though. I also have a Kershaw JYD serrated that I used to use as a daily carry before leaving it in my desk at work after cutting a halter off a mare one morning.

I like the the lack of an outer handle casing, it lowers the weight and I find it makes it easier to hold; especially in gloves. It's great for when I'm wearing my civvies and it's not flashy.

I had asked for this for Christmas but I guess no one took the hint. ;) I'll just have to go pick it up for myself for wear with my uniform. It'll be great to have the tool when needed or just to use the bit driver on the knife if I need to open up some retards PC. :D

131133c.jpg

The Leatherman® Surge™ multi-tool and c308 knife combo pack is perfect for any adventure, emergency, or handy project that lies ahead. With 18 tools in all, this combo pack includes a leather sheath, and a full set of screwdriver bits. Also includes a handsome gift box.
Surge™ Multi-tool Features:
  • Needlenose pliers
  • Regular pliers
  • Wire cutters
  • Hard-wire cutters
  • Stranded-wire cutters
  • Electrical crimper
  • Clip-point knife
  • Serrated knife
  • Blade exchanger
  • Scissors
  • Saw
  • Large bit driver
  • Small bit driver
  • 5/16‑in. screwdriver
  • Awl with thread loop
  • Ruler: 22 cm (9 in.)
  • Bottle/can opener
  • Wire stripper
  • Lanyard ring
c308 Folding Knife Features:
  • One-handed Blade Launcher™ opening
  • 420 stainless‑steel straight blade
  • Flat screwdriver
  • Carabiner clip/bottle opener
  • Aluminum handle material
  • 1/4-in. flat screwdriver
  • Closed length: 10.2 cm (4 in.)
  • Open length: 17.3 cm (6.8 in.)
  • Blade length: 7.1 cm (2.8 in.)
  • Weight: 90.7 g (3.2 oz.)
Combo Pack Also Includes:
  • Leather sheath for Surge™ multi-tool
  • 9 double-sided bits
  • Phillips and flat‑tip screwdriver
  • Phillips and flat‑tip eyeglass screwdriver
  • Diamond-coated file for Surge™ blade exchanger
  • Padded tin gift box with clear top
Specifications:
  • Shipping dimensions (L x W x H):
    30.5 cm x 7.6 cm x 22.9 cm
    (12 in. x 3 in. x 9 in.)
  • Shipping weight: 1.5 kg (3.2 lb.)

Maybe I'm repeating myself - too lazy to look back - but when I left the 82d the 1st time, my platoon gave me a "jumpmaster" knife (AF survival knife) with my initials "CAR" engraved on the blade. I carry it everywhere I might need it - except on the DC Metro.

Maybe I'm repeating myself - too lazy to look back - but when I left the 82d the 1st time, my platoon gave me a "jumpmaster" knife (AF survival knife) with my initials "CAR" engraved on the blade. I carry it everywhere I might need it - except on the DC Metro.

"jumpmaster knife"

Dayglow orange switchblade, w/hook on the other end for cutting risers?

"jumpmaster knife"

Dayglow orange switchblade, w/hook on the other end for cutting risers?

RGR - LOL

I used it once to cut away a towed bundle. We were jumping into Huachuca. Bundle was MREs. We fed the coyotes throughout the Chiricahua Mountains. :D

One of these? Ahh, guess not. I was too slow. ;)

Ts1000_lg.jpg

This is a Canadian Jump Knife, well similar with out the pegasus engraved on it; these are the commemorative ones. Same knives are still issued though. From this supplier: http://www.grohmannknives.com/pages/r3s.html

[FONT=arial, Arial, Helvetica]
40th Anniversary Canadian Airborne Regiment Commemorative Jump Knife
[/FONT]
image002.jpg

That's it. Except there's 550 cord wrapped around the handle on mine, and those pesky initials....

Thanks, bro.

Pls pardon the HTML retardedness......

No problem with the coding. I'm sure there's some things in your world that you could teach me a thing or two about. ;) I know our MI guys amaze me now and then.

550 cord is a definite must addition, both for comfort and possible emergency use. :D

No problem with the coding. I'm sure there's some things in your world that you could teach me a thing or two about. ;) I know our MI guys amaze me now and then.

550 cord is a definite must addition, both for comfort and possible emergency use. :D

RGR to the second. Although in our jumpmaster world (back to JM school), they call it....let me crawl back through my rum soaked mind...."...what you people call '550 cord' is 'type 2 or 3 tubular, nylon webbing..."

JMs, help me out here. It's been a few years since I've JMPI'ed anyone. :D

Oh I know what your talking about. Is it a different diameter strand on surrounding a core of smaller different colour strands (usually white)? We would call it Para' (parachute) Cord. They call 550 cord something else, I believe you would call it utility cord. ;) But I have heard people up here call both either names in error.

Found some images. What is most commonly purchased through our supply system up here and ends up called 550 Cord or Para Cord is cheap polypropylene utility cord; it comes it black, white, green and its' made by all sorts of companies.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ROTHCO NYLON BRAIDED UTILITY CORD[/FONT]
198_big.jpg

550 Para Cord
685px-Paracord-Commercial-Type-III-Inch-Scale.jpg

Back