Who's married here?

DocPQ

Unverified
Alright here's my dilemma, obviously you've seen my post on dive med tech's. I'm in a rut, been looking for a new occupation. Anyone a seal here? EOD? Sarc? I'm not trying to boast, but i'm not meant to sit behind a desk. These kids are complaining about work, but ya know complain about not taking a shower for 5 mo's ya know? Anyways, whats the deployment ratio's for these ratings. For Marines in the "03" field, it would be.

*1 month training at mojave viper (cax)
*1 month training at a mout town
*weeks here and there with sim rounds.
Than off to 7 month deployment.
Redo it over again.

Does that sound about right for the ratings above after their initial NEC training? Or, is it worst?

No one can seem to give me a an avg. schedule. for seals/eod/ or recon. I take that back, I ran into a sarc and he said that "in 2005 they only had 27 sarc's in the whole navy. so do the math". Even that doesnt explain too much except they're is no down time.

It really depends on who you are with and what you are doing. For the most part you will be gone more as a lot of training is off site. There was one point when I was home for two weeks out of an entire year aside from two to three days between off site training packages and then off to deployment. My wife isn't a fan. That's why they used to call it 1st Divorce Recon.

My screen name is ex for a reason - the divorce rate among SEALs is probably over 90%. It's not an easy life for anyone.

Nobody is going to give you deployment specifics regarding ANY of those units. OPSEC.

Take it on faith.

Any of the 'high speed' units are guaranteed to spend a shitload of time away from home. Ill leave it at that.

Even during peacetime, marriages tend to fall apart due to op tempo.

Consider yourself lucky if you can find a good woman to stick with you through it all because it's hard on both in the relationship. FUCKING HARD.

Yeah - I married two - yes two - Navy special forces. They had trouble adjusting to the outside world, and I had trouble dealing with them!! Oh well, that was a long time ago!! Now I'm behind a desk - figure the odds - boatswain' mate to Sales Manager of a Hotel!!

I used to be in a relationship with an Army SF guy. The fact that it was long distance only made a hard situation even harder. It didn't last, needless to say. The marriages that do are very much the exception.

Remember, another acronym for EOD is "Every One's Divorced". Take that to heart.

Every job in the military should/may will have significant deployment. And if you & your family aren't ready for it, you need to get the f out (I detest people who don't want to deploy or "need a break from deploying" :2c:

I good military spouse needs to be able to run the household without you at the drop of a hat. Meaning they need to be in charge of finance, child issues, etc. If you're marrying someone who can't deal with you leaving for a while, it won't last.

I honestly believe deployment is no big deal if you have a strong relationship. My wife & I always looked at deployment as a vacation from each other, an opportunity to miss each other, and time to reflect on why we got married in the first place. Yeah, I know, its sappy, but we're at 20+ now and it's still working.

I was married to another Soldier, of the same MOS, and it still didn't work out - not because the love wasn't there, but because we both had goals that conflicted. One type A in a relationship is prolly enough - but two?!

It's a fact of life in our chosen profession.

This sort of business lends itself to exposing relationships for what they are: good or bad. The difference is that will accelerate the process.

Marriage is kind of like a wound: it scars up and grows stronger over time or it becomes a festering sore in need of removal.

My wife was deployed for almost a year with DHS, within CONUS, but a thousand miles away. Everybody got sick of my fuckin spaghetti. So I learned how to cook meatloaf. After a while everybody got sick of my fuckin meatloaf.

My wife was deployed for almost a year with DHS, within CONUS, but a thousand miles away. Everybody got sick of my fuckin spaghetti. So I learned how to cook meatloaf. After a while everybody got sick of my fuckin meatloaf.

Then what'd you make? :D

Without going into specifics, EOD's deployment schedule is heavy. After post deployment leave and possibly a prodev period it's right back into a training cycle. Figure on a year between deployment if you're lucky.

As far as the marriage issue. I've been married for 18 years. It take a strong woman to put up with the life.

o.k. don't laugh - but I've been reading a lot of the posts and I've been trying to make heads or tails over some of the lingo sooooooo what is a "sarc" I was in the Navy many moons ago. I am a Desert Storm War Veteran - and - I totally understand how hard it is to sit behind a desk!! That's what I'm doing right now - but I am a Director of Sales and Marketing - so I get out of the office quite a bit!! Thanks for your time!

o.k. don't laugh - but I've been reading a lot of the posts and I've been trying to make heads or tails over some of the lingo sooooooo what is a "sarc" I was in the Navy many moons ago. I am a Desert Storm War Veteran - and - I totally understand how hard it is to sit behind a desk!! That's what I'm doing right now - but I am a Director of Sales and Marketing - so I get out of the office quite a bit!! Thanks for your time!

HM8427 "Special Amphib Recon Corpsmen"

Well I routed my chit through my master chief. She said, "go to bud/s if you want, but you want get pitty from me. No bragging when you get through it." These are the terms. So let the training begin. 6 mo's to train till the screening. Anyone know a good way to learn dive physics? And whats your guy's take on hypoxic swims?

Back