Why we(USA) need our own manned spacecraft program

Musk has too many fingers in too many pies. He should pick his fav and consult on the rest.

Musk has too many fingers in too many pies. He should pick his fav and consult on the rest.

Gotta disagree on this. He's an investor and a face for the public. Ever hear of Nikola Tesla? He failed a lot more than Musk and Tesla is so far under appreciated for being one of America's greatest inventors ever.

Gotta disagree on this. He's an investor and a face for the public. Ever hear of Nikola Tesla? He failed a lot more than Musk and Tesla is so far under appreciated for being one of America's greatest inventors ever.

Never said he was a failure. The space biz requires undivided attention. Musk kinda scrambled the mix with his ad hoc management style. I worked in space systems. It definitely not easy. He is doing great things. I would like to see his focus be solely on it. We need what SpaceX is doing...most rikitik.

This reminded me of something in the past, that made me smile thinking about it.

Glad someone else out there thinks like this.

Putting a man in space at any orbital altitude is infinitely more difficult than other altitude-based records on earth.

With that said, NASA needs to "rediscover" how to put a man in orbit.

Putting a man in space at any orbital altitude is infinitely more difficult than other altitude-based records on earth.

With that said, NASA needs to "rediscover" how to put a man in orbit.
And Musk is the man if he can get off his ego.

And Musk is the man if he can get off his ego.

Is he "the man" or is he "the financier"? With the way he's been running Tesla, I'm starting to wonder if a cult of personality and the idea of working at a company focused on cool things hasn't drawn in talent that's doing the majority of the heavy lifting (particularly in mid-to-upper management) at SpaceX.

I'll note that I do think SpaceX is "the organization" to make it happen, if such an organization exists.

SpaceX was primarily engineering staffed by McDonnell Douglas/Boeing talent. Most have left for other ventures. As it would seem SpaceX Engineering is run by recent college grads with zero previous experience in programs like the ISS and SS programs. There are some mentorship onboard. Not sure it’s enough. I honestly think SpaceX may lose out to Boeing on a manned system. They are the organization if it existed...100% spot on.

Back