Worlds greatest band

Actually, it was Barry McGuire who wrote it and first had it as a hit... 1965

Interesting, I always though Bob Dylan wrote it, I just played the turtles version because that's the one I've heard growing up the most (mom liked the turtles), I also really like their version of "it ain't me babe".

ETA: P.F Sloan wrote it, Barry McGuire was the first to release it.

Last edited:
I like Green Day, but I agree that their best stuff was Nimrod and prior. They're just too political these days and its annoying as fuck. That said, I've seen them three times in concert and I must say they put on a damn good show. I also saw the Foo Fighters this summer and after hating them for my entire life, that show turned me into a believer. Nirvana and Pearl Jam is also near the top of my list.

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band is one of my absolute favorites, but you can't forget about Boston, The Who, and Pink Floyd.

If I've just watched the nightly news and am feeling especially full of hate, I'll turn on some Rise Against, Disturbed, Pantera, Hed PE, or Rage Against the Machine.

I like Green Day, but I agree that their best stuff was Nimrod and prior. They're just too political these days and its annoying as fuck. That said, I've seen them three times in concert and I must say they put on a damn good show. I also saw the Foo Fighters this summer and after hating them for my entire life, that show turned me into a believer. Nirvana and Pearl Jam is also near the top of my list.

Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band is one of my absolute favorites, but you can't forget about Boston, The Who, and Pink Floyd.

If I've just watched the nightly news and am feeling especially full of hate, I'll turn on some Rise Against, Disturbed, Pantera, Hed PE, or Rage Against the Machine.
I have Blackout lying around somewhere. I need to find it. Although, there are several CDs lying around here that I need to find and get on my phone along with Blackout.

If I ever have a heavy lift in the gym that's psyching me out, I usually got to some RAtM

Never got that much into Rage when in the gym... this was my favorite lifting song when I was in college (and still a staple in the playlist).

BTW, comparing Rush to Nickelback should be a capital offense. If Blizzard should be found in a dark alley with an ice skate in his back.... Canada, we understand.

So just for that:

And for the thread:

I do like listening to Rage against the machine, but I'm always conflicted with their political message. But they have a very unique sound and it definitely was some of my main road marching music back in the day.

How was it?
I saw Rise Against a few years ago and the sound was horrible not sure if was the location or the groups equipment.

They were decent. They followed KSE who are lights out live, so there is that. They also play faster live than they need to.

I love that every Nickleback thread devolves into a good music thread... Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.
You're Welcome. Anyways, I saw Blue Oyster Cult live at the NY State Fair. That was pretty good.

You're Welcome. Anyways, I saw Blue Oyster Cult live at the NY State Fair. That was pretty good.

I used to go down on the South shore of Long island as a kid, to catch soft White underbelly in clubs/bars... that's the name BOC used to just get out and play without mobs of people around them. But I also got to see ELP at Madison Square Garden, and YES, and the Clash, and Blondie and Taking Heads and the Ramones and Stray Cats among a few dozen other bands.... it was a great time for music... then I went to Texas - and saw Parliament-Funkadelic, Asleep at the Wheel, Willie, Waylon, David Alan Coe, The Fabulous Thunderbirds, The Juke Jumpers, Steve Miller, Edgar and Johnny Winter, Robert Ealy, and Stevie Ray Vaughan with DoubleTrouble, Fastball, Matthew Sweet and once Steve Howe playing an acoustic set...

Music in general is wonderful stuff...

Back