You will NOT belive this

Ravage

running up that hill
http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Princ...sr=1-1&keywords=warrior+princess+kristin+beck

Chris Beck played high school football. He bought a motorcycle, much to his mother’s dismay, at age 17. He grew up to become a U.S. Navy SEAL, serving our country for twenty years on thirteen deployments, including seven combat deployments, and ultimately earned a Purple Heart and the Bronze Star. To everyone who saw him, he was a hero. A warrior. A man.

But underneath his burly beard, Chris had a secret, one that had been buried deep inside his heart since he was a little boy—one as hidden as the panty hose in the back of his drawer. He was transgender, and the woman inside needed to get out.

This is the journey of a girl in a man’s body and her road to self-actualization as a woman amidst the PTSD of war, family rejection and our society’s strict gender rules and perceptions. It is about a fight to be free inside one’s own body, a fight that requires the strength of a Warrior Princess.

Kristin’s story of boy to woman explores the tangled emotions of the transgender experience and opens up a new dialogue about being male or female: Is gender merely between your legs or is it something much bigger?

seriously?

Holy crap..uh...what do you say to something like that. Don't personally know Chris or Kristin Beck as it were....but that's just weird.

Meh. It happens. Sounds like he/she has contributed quite a bit as both a man and woman.

Since the SEAL Teams are the main theme nowa days, isn't there a worry that this could open a whole new can of worms?

:wall: Of course it will.

I personally know a former SEAL who's completed her physical transition about 10-15 years ago. Didn't need to write a book about it either.

LL

I believe it. It's not the first time that a SOF type decided he wanted to be a she.

File this under Who Gives a Flying Fuck.

I'd prefer folks kept their private life private, but in this case I can see where after a full SEAL career she's not left with many options. The skill set learned as a SEAL may be hard to sell given the transgender thing so she wrote a book. As long as the book doesn't disclose classified material, I couldn't care less what she does.

Much as it pains me, I agree with policemedic. Who gives a fuck!?

I'll tell you one thing, thats one chick who won't be the victim of domestic violence! LOL

Back