100 Push Ups

Mac_NZ

Stitch Bitch
Verified Military
Where did you start? I'm on week three, column three. Good fun, the last set was interesting, especially with my cat trying to get some attention and climbing under me.

Dillon T

Airsoft geek
Unverified
It suggested if you could do more than 20 in the initial test, go directly to Week 3.

Haha, nice with the cat thing ;) My dog kept getting in the way too

AssadUSMC

Ruining hajis' days
Verified Military
These aren't timed? Hell who cant get 100 pushups in a row, untimed?:uhh:

No kidding - I could swear I've done HUNDREDs in a row when I "disappointed" my Drill Instructors. Do 100 in under two minutes and you'll be "there".

Poetic_Mind

Army leadership training in progress...
Verified Military
No kidding - I could swear I've done HUNDREDs in a row when I "disappointed" my Drill Instructors. Do 100 in under two minutes and you'll be "there".

Can definitely do 100 in a row untimed... sometimes I need to bow back to stretch out my arms, but I can do them.

Mac_NZ

Stitch Bitch
Verified Military
The way I read it was 100 consecutive so it should be a constant rhythm all the way to 100 without stopping or rocking back.

Poetic_Mind

Army leadership training in progress...
Verified Military
Cannot do them in constant rythm up to one hundred. I've always concentrated on just doing perfect repetitions in a given amount of time( practice for the APFT). If I was sloppy with my push ups and cared nothing for form, I could do 100 in constant rhythm. I, however, prefer to do less reps and do them perfectly than do a hundred push ups with bad form.

Mac_NZ

Stitch Bitch
Verified Military
I'm the same, the PTIs will give me 40 out of the 50 I do in an RFL, I'm going to stick with this program and see how many I can do at the end. I would have been doing them anyway :)

pardus

Verified Military
Tall blokes with long levers, I feel your pain T. Look over and watch the platoon midgets pumping out triple figures. Then crush them on the footy field for being smart arse little fuckers. :D

LOL, Works for me! }:-)

I get my own back on a speed march too :cool:

Frisco

Weapons free
Tall blokes with long levers, I feel your pain T. Look over and watch the platoon midgets pumping out triple figures. Then crush them on the footy field for being smart arse little fuckers. :D

When I was in DEP there was a guy who was 6'2" or 6'3" who did 96 in a minute during our PT test.. He was a beast.

J

JJ sloan

When I was in DEP there was a guy who was 6'2" or 6'3" who did 96 in a minute during our PT test.. He was a beast.

I have never seen anyone work that fast... and I have known some freaks of nature. Freakier than Varsity! (that's freaky):p

pardus

Verified Military
I shit you not. Honestly I wish It wasn't true.. dude scares the shit out of me... but I watched him do it. good form and everything.. Supposedly some other kid tied with him, but I didn't see him do it..

You are full of shit. :2c:

1.6 push ups per second or 1 push up every 0.625 seconds, bullfuckingshit!

I'm calling you out!

Frisco

Weapons free
I will figure out some way to prove it.. I'll see if the recruiter will write a memorandum or something lol