100 Push Ups

Any PTI I've come cross would have stood over him saying, don't count that one, don't count that one, don't count that one, don't count that one. After 3 they normally slowed down and started adopting good form.

Ditto

I did 102 situps on a PT test once, I never got close to that on pushups.
never got close to 102 situps. Broke 90 pushups when I was 20, last PT test I took in early Nov got me 86. Situps, hell Id love to break 75 at this point but that aint happening any time soon.

I've always done well on situps for some reason. I've maxed the pushups once or twice, never maxed the run. Running just isn't my thing.

running breeds cowardice. I havent broken 1430 on the run in years. Im a member of the goon squad in case you didnt pick up on that

lol

Dude, you're the poster boy for the goon squad, lol. I'd definitely put you in the front if we were stacking to clear a room, or of we had to supress a riot. "Big and intimidating-looking" has many applications ;)

running breeds cowardice. I havent broken 1430 on the run in years. Im a member of the goon squad in case you didnt pick up on that

Thank you! I'll use that!

I haven't broken 15:00 in years, but your reason is a good reason! :D

When I was in DEP there was a guy who was 6'2" or 6'3" who did 96 in a minute during our PT test.. He was a beast.

I have seen quite a few studs in my day and that just takes the cake. The best I ever got on a PT test was 102 P/U...

Also, your, and the recruiter's (depending on where he is from), idea of good form may not be what you think it is.

We dont want a letter/memo from a recruiter, we know most of them lie daily... We want a clear video. Nothing less will do.

Now go do PT.

I can do 100 relatively easily. I do 350-500 nightly six days out of the week in sets of 80-100. My record stands at 120 right now. However, I have been doing this for the past about nine or ten months religiously, and when I started I would do 300 in reps of fifty and have worked my way up from there. Doing construction work helps, too.

My gift (mostly curse) is I am one of those people who, when I decide I want to do something, either accomplishes it or has to be physically incapacitated to keep from doing it.

I am young and at my prime. ;)

You're 16 and you're only just out of diapers.

Well, works for me.

I am actually one of the more mature people my age, not that anyone here really cares. ;)

I just try to be a little better every day, no matter how corny it sounds.

Ever noticed kernels of corn in your turds? You can wash them and eat them again, I'm just saying...

I did 100 push-ups this a.m., outside, in the freezing rain, naked. Then I woke up........on the couch.

I have seen quite a few studs in my day and that just takes the cake. The best I ever got on a PT test was 102 P/U...

Also, your, and the recruiter's (depending on where he is from), idea of good form may not be what you think it is.

We dont want a letter/memo from a recruiter, we know most of them lie daily... We want a clear video. Nothing less will do.

Now go do PT.

So far, I had two PMSs from two different schools I went to b**** at me about form. They both said form was keeping the back straight and face forward( do not look down) and have the chest touch the floor. I did not practice that for a long time, so it was unconfortable to do, and I cannot do as much. I 'm more comfortable doing mine with my head facing the floor, but everyone( PT instructors at school, PMSs, cadets in the AROTC programs I visited, actual soldiers...) says that ruins form.

From what I have observed, when someone says perfect form, it is basically what I just mentioned.

Mac May correct me here but when I was in the Army in NZ, perfect form was head either to the side or facing down, body straight i.e. no bending at the waist, and on the down the shoulder is equal with the elbow, so the arm is perfectly horizontal (that was the one thing that fucked most people up with regards to poor form), I don't know the US Mil standard.

So far, I had two PMSs from two different schools I went to b**** at me about form. They both said form was keeping the back straight and face forward( do not look down) and have the chest touch the floor. I did not practice that for a long time, so it was unconfortable to do, and I cannot do as much. I 'm more comfortable doing mine with my head facing the floor, but everyone( PT instructors at school, PMSs, cadets in the AROTC programs I visited, actual soldiers...) says that ruins form.

From what I have observed, when someone says perfect form, it is basically what I just mentioned.

I forgot to mention that a perfect rep also means having your arms down to a 90 degree angle when coming down. They let you look down, but they advise against it as it makes it more possible that one may not go all the way down or bend the arms to 90 degrees.

I think the mil standard is the same, except I've never had anybody bitch about form or which way I was looking. At least it sounds the same from 20 years ago.
:p

I asked a buddy of mine who was just back for Christmas from AIT about this.

He said that your body has to be straight, you must be looking forward, and that your arm must make a right angle on the down.

If I remember right, he also said that you can arch your back to rest, however, you may not touch the ground. But he did say that some instructors were more lenient than others, specifically on the head up/down thing.

Hope that helps, but I am only just out of diapers anyway...;)

Back