100 Push Ups

The most push ups I have ever done on a PT test was 104. I think I am down in the high 80s now. It comes with age I guess. I used to work with a guy who always did at least 120 on his PT test. The man was a beast. He had a 100 rep push up program, but it was quiet different from that one. For PT he would do as many push ups as possible before going to his knees, and then finish them out on his knees until he reached 100. He did this about three times a week. It worked for me to, however i never made 120 push ups. I also knew a chic that once did 125 push ups, but not in 2 minutes, it took her about 5 minutes, but she never went to her knees, this girl was a beast too.

That is crazy!!!

There's a guy at my gym who comes in sometimes, the dude push's out 130-135 PUs in a set... (I'm NOT kidding......) he's doing a 200 push-up program last I spoke to him. (take everything on the 100 PU program, and double the numbers)

Either way, even 104 is friggen beastly...

Yeah, what does this PT test do for me in Combat. NOTHING. We need to make our PT test more combat focused. You think after all the times our country has been to war, they would learn.

What kind of excersizes would be good to substitute?

1-1-1 and 2-2-2 are able to be duplicated for civilian applicant screening.

My hypothesis, is they do the 2-2-2 because for recruits entering the Army, they can train up to it. While leaving the other stuff for the NCOs of their gaining unit. But than again... my hypothesis gets screwy, because than why would they keep it for after you're in?

Back