158 Gr .38 Sp. +P SWCHP Buffalo Bore Ammo

It is called a trigger shoe. It came with the pistol. Some of the competition shooters used them. Widen the trigger surface and helps to prevent finger slip. Or that is what I remember about them. I never used one previously before obtaining this pistol.

A trigger shoe is ok for a target piece or single action shooting but it tends to wear on your finger a mite after a while. For more serious social purposes I would suggest rounding and polishing the trigger smooth to allow the finger to "roll" the trigger easier in double-action. That's where the revolver really makes it's money.

Refer to "No Second Place Winners" by Bill Jordan and "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting" by Ed McGivern for instructions on maximizing the double-action utility of the combat revolver. I read both as a boy and still retain those books as essential to my library. (Bill's book is signed)

A trigger shoe is ok for a target piece or single action shooting but it tends to wear on your finger a mite after a while. For more serious social purposes I would suggest rounding and polishing the trigger smooth to allow the finger to "roll" the trigger easier in double-action. That's where the revolver really makes it's money.

Refer to "No Second Place Winners" by Bill Jordan and "Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting" by Ed McGivern for instructions on maximizing the double-action utility of the combat revolver. I read both as a boy and still retain those books as essential to my library. (Bill's book is signed)

My brother had that book. Outstanding book. And signed? Dayum.

I liked the part where Bill's cop buddy, in sight of no witnesses, shot a prick who had a throwaway with two fired rounds in the cylinder which he dropped off a bridge and into the river after getting killed; the investigators found (I think) five weapons meeting that exact description that Bill and the cop's buddies dropped in the river to cover his ass.

The good ol' days.

My brother had that book. Outstanding book. And signed? Dayum.

I liked the part where Bill's cop buddy, in sight of no witnesses, shot a prick who had a throwaway with two fired rounds in the cylinder which he dropped off a bridge and into the river after getting killed; the investigators found (I think) five weapons meeting that exact description that Bill and the cop's buddies dropped in the river to cover his ass.

The good ol' days.

Terrible, just terrible ;) :cool:

"...I think a firearm that can be wielded one-handed..."

Practice one-hand technique regularly. Ok, good. Now do it with your other hand...

I had a civilian self-proclaimed firearms expert telling me one day that one-handed pistol shooting was for Hollywood action heroes and people who don't know anything about handguns and I kept my mouth shut but it wasn't easy. Sure, two-hands is better, but it pays to be good with one.

I just ordered a box for my little Smitty 442 pocket carry snubby.
Anybody shot any? (Or am I the only cat who owns a .38):rolleyes:

I have a S&W Model 422 (silver). I carry it in a Kramer pocket holster. It's real handy to carry it that way. I don't shoot it a lot. I try to avoid using +P ammo in such a light frame revolver, as S&W doesn't recommend doing do. For carry I use a 125gr Gold Saber.

One of my favorites was the S&W M 36, chief special with the round butt. It is a 5 shot .38 special.

I do really like the new "feather lights". 99.9998% of the time conceal carry is just that, concealed and carry. Bulk and weight tends to encourage a person not to carry.

One thing I like about the j-frame revolver is the ability to carry it in a jacket/vest pocket, with my hand on it...where I can keep it concealed as a suspicious person approaches, yet fire through the pocket at the last minute if I need to (in theory anyway, never actually tried it). Can't exactly do that with a semi-auto.

Plus, nothing seems to fit my hand with a "natural point" quite as well as that little smith j-frame.
:)

(And damn PB, a signed Bill Jordan....shit, I'm jealous too! I think the only thing that would be as good would be a signed Skeeter Skelton or Jeff Cooper. (to me, anyway)). Cool stuff.

"I think the only thing that would be as good would be a signed Skeeter Skelton or Jeff Cooper."

You're right. And it is.:cool:

Don't get me wrong folks. I do practice shooting with both hands. Right after I'm done practicing with either one first.:)

Just got the LAST BOX of Buffalo Bore .38sp SWCHP158gr at Cabellas because we can't even find it/get it at the shop. I was happy to get it, for $21 for a box of 20. Last box in town that I can find. I guess I'll have to look into finding it on the web. Maybe.
Was glad to get it for daily carry.

Haven't shot mine yet, bro-too busy this weekend cleanin' the broken limbs outta deer camp because of that freakish ice storm.

If you do any testing soon, let me know, eh?

Of course, it won't take me long to check out the performance with my piece at over a buck a bullet.

That guy who said ammo's the new money was a prophetic mofo.

Stocking up on .22shells just for that reason...(and purchased the 12ga reloader).
Still need to get a Ruger 10-22 soon, before semi-auto's are banned. Get the KAHR on layaway, reloading supplies.
Damn, busy week coming up!!!

I'll let you know if I ever get to get out and shoot these...maybe this next week at the shoot I'll see if I can a box in Denver before we head out.

Back