Not Work Safe .

Amazon unironically has this person advertising one of the main benefits of working for them as "mental health care on the first day."

Not sure how to feel about this. To whom is this campaign intended to appeal?

View attachment 44068

If that's the Amazon standard from Day One? I'm all about a company taking card of its employees. That's an Amazon problem and an Amazon success story. I applaud the results, I'm genuine here.

Those outside of the Amazon sphere expecting Amazon to be the standard? Um, roll for initiative.

If that's the Amazon standard from Day One? I'm all about a company taking card of its employees. That's an Amazon problem and an Amazon success story. I applaud the results, I'm genuine here.
Also, color me skeptical that Amazon does take good care of its employees given the stories that come out what feels like every other day with them.

Normally an organization touts its benefits in a way that appeals to the kind of people they want to attract.

So I'm having trouble understanding how this is a good strategy for Amazon. Do you WANT more people with mental health issues signing up for your company? Because in the long run, I'm not sure how good that is for the bottom line.

Amazon unironically has this person advertising one of the main benefits of working for them as "mental health care on the first day."

Not sure how to feel about this. To whom is this campaign intended to appeal?

View attachment 44068
Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Those outside of the Amazon sphere expecting Amazon to be the standard? Um, roll for initiative.
We're going witch burning!!! WOOOOOO!!!

Normally an organization touts its benefits in a way that appeals to the kind of people they want to attract.

So I'm having trouble understanding how this is a good strategy for Amazon. Do you WANT more people with mental health issues signing up for your company? Because in the long run, I'm not sure how good that is for the bottom line.
What if the is absurdity we're seeing is someone in advertising trolling amazon PR execs and those same execs are so woke they thought this was fine?

Also, color me skeptical that Amazon does take good care of its employees given the stories that come out what feels like every other day with them.

Amazon was not a horrible place to work during the 3 weeks I spent there. It wasn't one of those places that had people pissing in bottles, but that wasn't most facilities anyway. Also, i left before holiday season, but still thats also less than 3 months.

Coming from construction background, it was pretty mild. I heard all the BS horror stories.

I'm over 50 and I've been a member of AAA for my entire adult life.

I was yesterday years old when I learned--or had forgotten and was reminded--that you can do DMV transactions at AAA.

All those hours... in some of the sketchiest places, waiting in line with dozens...scores... nay, hundreds of people who were just as pissed off and sketchy as I am... compared to the loveliness of walk in/walk out AAA.

The only thing that would make this experience better is if AAA had in-house Chik-Fil-A to go with their in-house DMV.

Confused For Real GIF by CBS

Back