Not Work Safe .

Last edited:
Heard the M60 was a hell of a lot lighter than the 240B. Don't get me wrong I love the 240, but she was bitch to lug around :ROFLMAO:. Kinda wish the Army would've invested in a modernized lighter version of it.
Some of my favorite things as an M60 gunner.

Having to hump twice as much and restraining myself from smacking the guy in front of you carrying an A1 and later the A2 with an M203 and bitching about the extra weight while on a hump.

Wanting to beat a 249 gunner to death whining about their 249's weight and slower than us guys humping the M60.

Having bets with your AG and some of your squad on how many rounds this time will it take until it shoots itself apart again.

Sneaking back into the barracks during recovery and taking showers with it before wiping down and air hosing dry with the 5 tons and then lubing everything before turn in so we can do COB formation.

Last edited:
a SAW in 7.62
I'll be honest, I hated the clapped out SAW's we had. "Single" women, who live next to a bar in a military town, were less run through than the SAW's we had. Not to mention she was finickier than a sorority girl on her period. At least the 240 put out. Just wish we could've kept her guts and lightened her frame. I know the 240L was a thing, but they hadn't reached us.

Plus the Infantry usually gets shafted on the toys. Least we did. :ROFLMAO:

@The Quartermaster Never did anything like that. Would just put on music and clean/oil the 240. Was very Zen.

Back