8 week pre-selection prep course?

Yes.
Maybe.
Non-prior service ANG personnel should be doing the BA Prep Program (it's not a course yet). once it's fully running.
The first group is on the home stretch, and the second group starts 4 August.
We have BA Operators going over to BMT and running PT for the trainees with BA Contracts.
The plan is to have all the BA Candidates go to the prep course then start their selection pipelines.
We have an outstanding group of Athletic Trainers, Physical Trainers, Swim, Strength and Running Coaches (to include a former NFL Lineman).
The program is very similar to the program NSW runs.
Update- it IS a course and it's up and running, at least in it's beta/test first class version. INDOC is currently *not* running a class, and when the first class (running as of 2 ish weeks ago) graduates all those candidates will go into Indoc.

Update- it IS a course and it's up and running, at least in it's beta/test first class version. INDOC is currently *not* running a class, and when the first class (running as of 2 ish weeks ago) graduates all those candidates will go into Indoc.

That's awesome. I've always wondered why the Air Force never had a course like this for BA candidates. It shows that the Air Force is really investing into this community. I'll be really curious to see how this prep course affection attrition rates. Definitely let us know how that graduation rates compare to prior classes.

Thank you for the update, I do appreciate it. 2 candidates from my group will be headed down in August (All three of us prior service) so I will have to give them a shout and see how its going for them when they roll through.
If you would like some feedback for case study purposes I can PM you when I hear from them @amlove21

Thank you for the update, I do appreciate it. 2 candidates from my group will be headed down in August (All three of us prior service) so I will have to give them a shout and see how its going for them when they roll through.
If you would like some feedback for case study purposes I can PM you when I hear from them @amlove21
Are they going into BA Prep or Indoc?
Two different animals.

Just confirmed they will be going to the BA Prep.
And they are PS candidates? I was under the impression that prep was only for NPS cannidates? I'm a PS cannidate whose heading to Lackland next Friday to start CCT selection soon after, and I was told I could not attend the prep course.

And they are PS candidates? I was under the impression that prep was only for NPS cannidates? I'm a PS cannidate whose heading to Lackland next Friday to start CCT selection soon after, and I was told I could not attend the prep course.
The BA prep is a NPS course. Cross trainees attend their specific A&S (either CCT or PJ) and then report to Indoc (if selected).

Read through the thread and got some clarification, however its been a while since the last posting and quite frankly I still have some questions but rather than starting another post I was hoping someone could help here.

As I've posted before I'm currently in the Marines and an Enabler within MARSOC. Coming up on my last year and realized its time for me to move on. Worked with CCT's on this last deployment and I was very impressed and interested in the overall mission and capabilities that Controllers bring to the table. So just to clear that up before someone goes on that my initial post here, years ago, was looking for information on being an Enabler in MARSOC; now you know.

I met with a recruiter today, he was a Special Operations recruiter, talked through prepping for the PAST and all that, what I need to work on to possibly exercise a conditional release. He mentioned this 8 week prep course as being something for PS, which after reading this I see may not be the truth.... SO has anything changed with that since July?
Also another question I have is the actual school layout, it was mentioned that you attend A&S and then Indoc... I actually thought those were one in the same. Can someone specify for a crayon eater?
Lastly, I already have Basic Airborne and full spectrum done, obviously I wont be repeating Airborne, but what about the full spectrum?

Thanks in advance for any clarification

Read through the thread and got some clarification, however its been a while since the last posting and quite frankly I still have some questions but rather than starting another post I was hoping someone could help here.

As I've posted before I'm currently in the Marines and an Enabler within MARSOC. Coming up on my last year and realized its time for me to move on. Worked with CCT's on this last deployment and I was very impressed and interested in the overall mission and capabilities that Controllers bring to the table. So just to clear that up before someone goes on that my initial post here, years ago, was looking for information on being an Enabler in MARSOC; now you know.

I met with a recruiter today, he was a Special Operations recruiter, talked through prepping for the PAST and all that, what I need to work on to possibly exercise a conditional release. He mentioned this 8 week prep course as being something for PS, which after reading this I see may not be the truth.... SO has anything changed with that since July?
Also another question I have is the actual school layout, it was mentioned that you attend A&S and then Indoc... I actually thought those were one in the same. Can someone specify for a crayon eater?
Lastly, I already have Basic Airborne and full spectrum done, obviously I wont be repeating Airborne, but what about the full spectrum?

Thanks in advance for any clarification
Define full spectrum please.
CCT goes to CCSC, Combat Control Selection Course. 10 training days

Define full spectrum please.
CCT goes to CCSC, Combat Control Selection Course. 10 training days

Sere
I guess my confusion is that I keep seeing A&S, selection and Indoc thrown out there like they're all separate. Are these all just referring to CCSC?

Sere
I guess my confusion is that I keep seeing A&S, selection and Indoc thrown out there like they're all separate. Are these all just referring to CCSC?
No.

As a prior service cross trainee, you’ll have to attend Phase 1 (paper application packet), then Phase 2 (5-7 day psychological, physical, and behavioral screener) which is what you’re seeing as ‘A&S’, at which point you’ll either be selected or non selected.

If selected out of Phase 2, you’ll attend the orientation course (CCSC) at Lackland and proceed on with the rest of your training, finishing with CCS.

BA Prep (the 8 week prep course) is currently not open to prior service or cross trainee individuals.

Last edited:
Something to clarify, as my t3i Developer has told me that all BA candidates are definitely attending the course instead of their specified dev course, pj being the 2 week course. He said this but he didnt sound so sure when explaining it to me. Can anyone confirm this?

Returning to the topic. I am curious to know the formatting of BA prep. Is there anyone who knows whether or not I'll be performing a PASS/FAIL PAST pre-course, and evals throughout the course? Also what other academic standards will I be held to?

My recruiter and developer both have given me very little info on the course, and most of the info given hasn't lined up with anything else I've read or heard.

I ship to BMT very very soon and am trying to gather as much information possible on everything I will be doing and need to do, not only in preparation but in maintaining during BMT.

Returning to the topic. I am curious to know the formatting of BA prep. Is there anyone who knows whether or not I'll be performing a PASS/FAIL PAST pre-course, and evals throughout the course? Also what other academic standards will I be held to?

My recruiter and developer both have given me very little info on the course, and most of the info given hasn't lined up with anything else I've read or heard.

I ship to BMT very very soon and am trying to gather as much information possible on everything I will be doing and need to do, not only in preparation but in maintaining during BMT.

@amlove21 knows more on the specifics than I do, so he may answer. However, you're focusing on the wrong thing. If you are properly prepared, then the PAST doesn't matter because you'll pass it no matter what. Anything academic, or that requires instruction, will be taught to you beforehand. So stop trying to figure out what every step along the way is going to be, prepare to the best of your ability, and get into the mindset of "It doesn't matter, because I'll pass whatever I need to pass".

the BA Prep course is new so it is undergoing change as it grows.

Without blowing up their spot too much I will tell you that academically you will have simple homework, and physically there will be progress tests... but the course is not designed to eliminate people, as a matter of fact you cannot quit. Do the homework and pass the PT tests and you'll be fine.

Take everything the course has to offer you, and simultaneously make sure that you are progress checking yourself on all of your cals/runs/swims so that when you get to your initial course, be it indoc/ccsc/tacp you are ready to blow the numbers away and be successful.

Back