82nd ADC(S) Removed; Sent Home from Afghanistan

On other note, JAG has checklists on how NOT to screw up with proceedings i.e. undue command influence, rights readings, etc. How do we keep messing this up?!

On other note, JAG has checklists on how NOT to screw up with proceedings i.e. undue command influence, rights readings, etc. How do we keep messing this up?!
Promoting "yes men/women" and not caring about ethical lapses until it hits CNN or Fox.

My wife is actually pretty upset wit her "beloved" JAG Corps, especially since this taint will hit a GO she really respected.

The Clinton era Officers are firmly in charge. Too bad.

I'm surprised the public hasn't gone in more uproar.

I agree with your post, but I also think this is indicative of just how little attention the public at large really pays to the military. Far too busy worrying about the Kardashians and what athlete went to what team recently.

Too many CGs, COs, and SgtMajs who think they're god-like.

Just is served :rolleyes:

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20...7/No-jail-time-Sinclair-reprimanded-fined-20K
No jail time: Sinclair reprimanded, docked $20K
FORT BRAGG, N.C. — An Army general who carried on a three-year affair with a captain and had two other inappropriate relationships with subordinates was reprimanded and docked $20,000 in pay Thursday, avoiding jail time in one of the military's most closely watched courts-martial.

Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair, the former deputy commander of the storied 82nd Airborne Division, was believed to be the highest-ranking U.S. military officer ever court-martialed on sexual assault charges, but earlier this week those charges were dropped when he pleaded guilty to inappropriate relationships with the three women.

Sinclair, 51, smiled and hugged his two lawyers in the courtroom. Outside the building, he made a brief statement.

"The system worked. I've always been proud of my Army," he said. "All I want to do now is go north and hug my kids and my wife."

A part of me thinks the whole deal with him being given a general court was bullshit. From what I can tell that Captain got her panties in a bind and wanted to burn this dude down.

If there was a true sexual assault there is no way he would have walked on a reprimand and $20k fine.

It may have been jilted lovers an some exaggeration involved in the case. If an E-6 was accused of the same conduct regardless of jail time they would be out the door with no pension and no rank don't pass go and don't collect two hundred dollars.

What was the prosecutor thinking about when they didn't at least take a rank? Way to give the Army a second black eye.

This sends a strong message about the no tolerance policy the Army has for sexual offenses and sexual harassment...:whatever:

Think they need to update the SHARP video training to include ranking officers and junior officers......instead of showing silly video stories of private snuffy doing stupid things.

Last edited:
It may have been jilted lovers an some exaggeration involved in the case. If an E-6 was accused of the same conduct regardless of jail time they would be out the door with no pension and no rank don't pass go and don't collect two hundred dollars.

What was the prosecutor thinking about when they didn't at least take a rank? Way to give the Army a second black eye.
He still can lose a Star.

Officers have to go before a Grade Determination Board after a Courts Martial. They will use the start date of the affair to determine his final grade (Col or LTC).

FWIW- an Enlisted Soldier can sometimes get a CM Grade Reduction reversed to retire at a higher rank.

Happened once that I know of Bragg. Early 80's a SGM got a NO-GO at the throat cutting station when he tried to take his wife out on post. She was running around with a younger NCO (presented at trial). SGM got 5 years at Leavenworth, no fine, no discharge, reduced to Private. Retired as a Major.

Lost two ranks and retired LTC. Better than I thought it would be.

"Jeffrey Sinclair will be retired at the lower rank as punishment for his inappropriate conduct with women under his command, the Army said in a statement. This is the first time in a decade that the Army has reduced a retiring general officer in rank so severely.

Retiring at this lower rank means that Sinclair will not receive benefits he was entitled to as Brigadier General."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/army-gen-jeffrey-sinclair-accused-sexual-assault-demoted-n136746

Lost two ranks and retired LTC. Better than I thought it would be.

"Jeffrey Sinclair will be retired at the lower rank as punishment for his inappropriate conduct with women under his command, the Army said in a statement. This is the first time in a decade that the Army has reduced a retiring general officer in rank so severely.

Retiring at this lower rank means that Sinclair will not receive benefits he was entitled to as Brigadier General."

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/army-gen-jeffrey-sinclair-accused-sexual-assault-demoted-n136746
He also has a Federal Conviction which will impact his post military employment ( losing your clearance sucks).

I'm surprised the Army did that. Wonder if they were sending a message or he pissed off someone?

If there was a true sexual assault there is no way he would have walked on a reprimand and $20k fine.

I witnessed a sexual assault, reported it. CID was involved after I threatened my 1st SGT with going over his head when he tried to brush it aside. During the investigation it turned out that an additional 13 people had been assaulted by him. CID made big noises about doing this and that and theat thay would give regular updates to the victims about the process and upcoming trial etc...
The offender was removed from our deployment, we deployed.......... never heard another word about it again.

Turns out the offender was discharged and lost all benefits but no trial and the victims were ignore by the system.

Integrity HOOAH!

I'm surprised the Army did that. Wonder if they were sending a message or he pissed off someone?

Sometimes you just have to be satisfied with the results.

Hopefully it cost him a couple grand a month in total retirement compensation times 12 months times 20 years and that adds up and feels kind of good to see that taken away.

Like SOWT said, losing that security clearance means no post-military cushy civilian contractor/consultant gig either because he is damaged goods.

Last edited:
I witnessed a sexual assault, reported it. CID was involved after I threatened my 1st SGT with going over his head when he tried to brush it aside. During the investigation it turned out that an additional 13 people had been assaulted by him. CID made big noises about doing this and that and theat thay would give regular updates to the victims about the process and upcoming trial etc...
The offender was removed from our deployment, we deployed.......... never heard another word about it again.

Turns out the offender was discharged and lost all benefits but no trial and the victims were ignore by the system.

Integrity HOOAH!

That's all kinds of fucked up...and exactly what needs to be front page news.

He 'got away with it" because she was a lunatic, and she lied to investigators.

Most of their sex was consensual, he's through and her career is over also.

IMHO: She got mad that he wasn't going to leave his wife and decided to take him out.
She forgot rule 1 applies to both parties.

Back