Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

I think I have a few of those same WR glasses !!!

On a related note - I've never tried the Knob Creek Smoked Maple - what do you think about it ??

I've never tried the Knob Creek Smoked Maple - what do you think about it ??
I had bought it because I wanted to try it with old fashions, unfortunately the maple flavor is overpowering and just does not work.

Last night I had a glass neat and had the same issue. Adding a couple of ice cubes dilutes it a bit, but I think they overdid it on the maple taste. Likely I will not buy another bottle.

I think I have a few of those same WR glasses !!!

On a related note - I've never tried the Knob Creek Smoked Maple - what do you think about it ??
It's ok. Although I'm not sure why the kept bottling it after 2013, but it flies of the shelf it seems.

I did a ride of the Rohirrim last week and scored a Garrison Brother's Cowboy Bourbon. Can't wait to take my FiL down the mash bill.

Also picked up: Eagle Rare-Store Pick, Bakers 7-Small Batch (Single Barrel is starting to hit our market so figured to get the Small Batch before it disappears), Old Barton 6-year 100 Proof.

Question is from those of you who might know. I’m on Hulu right now watching a documentary about bourbon, one of the rules of bourbon is that it cannot be mixed or blended with any other colors or flavors.

If that is true, how does Knob Creek get away with calling this combination “bourbon”, shouldn’t it be considered whiskey?

Question is from those of you who might know. I’m on Hulu right now watching a documentary about bourbon, one of the rules of bourbon is that it cannot be mixed or blended with any other colors or flavors.

If that is true, how does Knob Creek get away with calling this combination “bourbon”, shouldn’t it be considered whiskey?

With Knob Creek Smoked Maple it's on the label. Bourbon doesn't have any "natural flavors" added. But on the Knob Creek Label it says: "Kentucky Straight Bourbon whiskey with natural flavors."

IRT labels, Straight just means it's at least two years old.

Received a bottle of 10yr old Laphroaig for me birthday. It always reminds me of a cold rainy day at a base camp in the Caucasus waiting for weather to clear to summit.

Depending on what the Bottle is...CostCo can be cheaper by up a bit. For $50 bottles at Total Wine they might have them beat by $15 sometimes. If it's a $200 bottle...then CostCo might have it for $160-150.

Back