Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Trying. I've got 3 of the same. I know that I can get them from Blanton's; that's probably what I'll end up doing since it is so difficult to secure I don't have many opportunities to try for new ones.
Picking up a new bottle on Friday...and I'll probably end up with another T.

Trying. I've got 3 of the same. I know that I can get them from Blanton's; that's probably what I'll end up doing since it is so difficult to secure I don't have many opportunities to try for new ones.

Which ones do you have? I've got a massive amount of them.

Blanton's for $125...the taters went out en masse...I saw it at the Cigar shop and was like NOPE. Grabbed a few sticks. Went to another liquor store I frequent and they had Red Spot for $105.99...normally 120 at Total Wine and at least $140 elsewhere. Score!

Last night I did 1oz pours of:

Makers Mark, Larceny, Willett Pot Still, Willett Family Estate Barrell pick, Bond & Lillard, and Knob Creek.
Damn! That has got to be one of the best selections ever. Years ago the Willet distillery was owned by a Norwegian name of Evan Kulsvein. At that time he was strictly exporting the stock bourbon. That is produced by Heaven Hill.
Cannot remember exactly when they restarted the distillery section. Because he was selling it off for scrap at the time.
I have a bottle of Old Bardstown and one of Rowan’s creek.
I cannot even find Bond & Lillard anymore. Except on the rare occasion.

Nice... very nice 👍

You guys are drinking the good stuff.

Sitting here browsing the forum and sipping George Dickel 9Year Single I found at a Total Wine in Madison, WI.

I enjoyed thst Dickel when I first opened up. Once oxygen hit it, it turned to crap. I can't even mix with it. Its turned into the oh we have people coming over, let me tell them it's delicious and share it with them bottle.

View attachment 32917
Hopefully just a bad barrel?
Not a big fan of Tennessee whiskey. Guess it’s because as a Navy dependent. Whenever Dad transferred. I would go to Kentucky for a while. Then follow him once he got set up. So when not overseas. I lived right in the middle of Bourbon country. Grew up behind Bernheim forest across the highway from Beam. Lived in Bardstown while I worked at Knox.
So I’m kind of spoiled😁

Back