Adult Beverage Mega Thread: Scotch/Whiskey/Rum/Vodka/Etc

Any one got any good recommendations for a bottle as a gift? $200 limit.

Are you willing to buy via secondary market or are you looking for just MSRP?

For MSRP, any batch of Bookers is delicious, EH Taylor Barrel Proof (hard to find but amazing!), Elijah Craig Barrel Proof, Stagg JR, 4 Rose's Single Barrel (find a store pick if you can), Woodford Reserve Masters Collection (I've had Chocolate and it was very good), Blanton's Straight from the Barrel (available in Europe and can easily be found shipped to US), New Riff Rye, there are a lot of good ones out there. Stay away from Hudson. It's trash.

Any one got any good recommendations for a bottle as a gift? $200 limit.
There's a lot out there that are great for $200 or less. In fact most Bourbons top shelf range is about $100. What state are you in? If you're in Nevada there's some local stuff you could check out. Smoke Wagon Uncut/Unfiltered for $70 is amazing. And in Vegas they still have the limited run called Desert Jewel for $92 hanging around a few Total Wines.

Honestly right now if you want something that screams great bourbon? It can be had for under $100. *looks in the cabinet

Bookers Granny Batch 2020-01
Larceny Barrel Proof
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof
New Riff SiB
Willett Family Estate Barrel Picks (Purple Foil)

If you want to try an hunt down an Old Fitz 15 Decanter, they're $160 at retail

If you want to get into craft stuff, I have some ideas. Specifically Balcones Blue Corn or the Garrison Brothers Barrel Proof SiB. You might even be able to find a Rhetoric for about $200.

Last edited:
Dalmores 15 all day.

So rich and smooth, no peaty/smokey taste. It will run you about $130-140 a bottle, but that's what i start the night off with to feel classy, before i crank out the handle of Jameson and it all goes downhill. I try to make those nice bottles last me a few months.

What pray tell is Smoke Wagon?
From the looks of the bottle. I can imagine the character of the contents. Is equal to that of its container.
Smoke Wagon is a High Rye Mash-bill bottled by H&C Distilling in Las Vegas. They contracted this specific mash bill from MGP in Lawrenceburg, Indiana as new distillate. The Clear bottle is their Straight Bourbon which is four year old bourbon that conditions for 6 months in Vegas. Small batch is a blend of 4 thru 8 year bourbons of the same mash. They would have started bottling their own distillate on the same mash bill for their straight bourbon now, but it is illegal to distill ethanol products in Nevada. They're grandfathered in for their vodka, but are limited to only finishing NGS (New Grain Spirit).

It's pretty legit. The small batch is very fruit forward, and fucking delicious.

Smoke Wagon is a High Rye Mash-bill bottled by H&C Distilling in Las Vegas. They contracted this specific mash bill from MGP in Lawrenceburg, Indiana as new distillate. The Clear bottle is their Straight Bourbon which is four year old bourbon that conditions for 6 months in Vegas. Small batch is a blend of 4 thru 8 year bourbons of the same mash. They would have started bottling their own distillate on the same mash bill for their straight bourbon now, but it is illegal to distill ethanol products in Nevada. They're grandfathered in for their vodka, but are limited to only finishing NGS (New Grain Spirit).

It's pretty legit. The small batch is very fruit forward, and fucking delicious.

Have to see about a bottle or 2, thanks for the information.
I am sitting back this evening with a double of the Duke.

Back