All Things MMA, Judo, Sumo

I was listening to the Joe Rogan podcast and Brendan Schaub said Jones has failed 3 out of 4 USADA drug tests. That ain't no conspiracy. The only fight he didn't pop was the OSP fight. He looked terrible.

I have no faith in Jones at this point. I don't give him the GOAT title/rank anymore because of all his positive tests and lame excuses.

This story gets weirder by the day. He passed his drug test from the night of the fight but failed the test after weigh-ins. This part of the problem with USADA drug testing. I don't know if it is the "optics" but they (UFC/Jeff Nowitzki) don't do a good job of explaining how it can happen. I've seen a few fighters take that and do good PR, creating plausible deniability.

Jon Jones passed USADA blood test the night of UFC 214

I just have a difficult time buying into conspiracies. Mostly for the reason that it seems people cannot keep a secret.

This story gets weirder by the day. He passed his drug test from the night of the fight but failed the test after weigh-ins. This part of the problem with USADA drug testing. I don't know if it is the "optics" but they (UFC/Jeff Nowitzki) don't do a good job of explaining how it can happen. I've seen a few fighters take that and do good PR, creating plausible deniability.

Jon Jones passed USADA blood test the night of UFC 214

USADA have since confirmed that Turinabol was the substance that Jones popped for, as well as clarifying that Turinabol only pops in urine samples, not blood samples.

USADA's statement has been added to that article in your link.

USADA have since confirmed that Turinabol was the substance that Jones popped for, as well as clarifying that Turinabol only pops in urine samples, not blood samples.

USADA's statement has been added to that article in your link.

Thanks, @Poccington! That was the exact details I was looking for. Essentially, two different tests, not the same test given at two different times. That clears it up for me.

Boy, did I miss a hype memo? Didn't even know this was a fight until tonight.....

UFC 215 PPV — Nunes vs Shevchenko 2

Brazil’s Amanda “The Lioness” Nunes puts her title on the line against surging contender and familiar foe Valentina “Bullet” Shevchenko. After suffering her first UFC loss to Nunes more than a year ago, the muay thai machine has surged back into contention with back-to-back wins over Holly Holm and Julianna Peña, and this time she plans on leaving the arena with the win and the belt around her waist.

tv.png

Was watching with a friend and he was like "NGannu got lucky a lucky punch". Yeah lucky he didn't commit murder with that knockout.
No he didn't.

I love Stipe Miocic. He is from Cleveland, where I claim my home town, he's a heavy handed dude that goes hard, all the things I want in a heavyweight champ.

But Francis Ngannou is a fucking problem at heavyweight. They call heavyweight champions in the MMA "the scariest men on the planet" and Stipe is scary- Ngannou is terrifying.

Ngannou reminds me of early Tyson. Just this huge, strong, violent, fearless animal who can knock anyone on the planet out with a single punch. Really stop and think about how fucking hard he hit Overeem. Overeem is 6'4" and 250#. That's a big human being, and Ngannou hit him so fucking hard that he probably has a concussion and whiplash.

Back