American Ninja Warrior - 2017 - Begins tonight - 06.12.17

Last night's only finisher....this is a man who does not know how to quit.... (run begins at 1:00 in)

I think the courses are getting out of hand, folks want to see more than one finisher and they will start to lose viewers if the courses get tougher.

I think the courses are getting out of hand, folks want to see more than one finisher and they will start to lose viewers if the courses get tougher.

Agreed and disagree. I like that that athletes are training harder and opening gyms dedicated to these types of obsticles, but I question how much of a chance the new Lego Ninjago obstacle gives the women (or smaller/lighter guys). They just don't have the body weight -

Here is a video of it, starts at the 3 minute mark. The thing weighs 150 pounds and is sponsored by Lego. (which also is a bit off putting).

There is a channel here locally that plays some of the original first season episodes, I'd guess many of these folks would struggle to finish the newer obsticles.

Biggest observation I see between the regular season and these top 100 qualifying in Vegas, is that they are such superior athletes that they are able to recover a mistake in the middle of an event where others would automatically fall into the water

It has amazed me to see how big ANW has become. I started watching it seriously last year and then started watching past years shows. But, it wasn't until watching the past shows that I realized how many training centers there are scattered around that is set up for ANW type training. It has seriously taken off. Since watching it, I have really come to enjoy it and it is quickly being accepted by a lot of people as a legitimate athletic event requiring skill and not just entertainment.

It has amazed me to see how big ANW has become. I started watching it seriously last year and then started watching past years shows. But, it wasn't until watching the past shows that I realized how many training centers there are scattered around that is set up for ANW type training. It has seriously taken off. Since watching it, I have really come to enjoy it and it is quickly being accepted by a lot of people as a legitimate athletic event requiring skill and not just entertainment.
My 10 year old finally got interested in sports/fitness watching the show.
I'd still like to see the 2nd round dialed back a bit.

Back