An Example of Utterly Useless "Intelligence"

I got the rest, what's TRAP? The only thing I know it to stand for is "tactical recovery of aircraft and personnel" and that doesn't seem to work in context.
Timeliness, Relevanace, Accuracy, Predictability

I would agree JIPOE/IPB is a part of F3EAD, but I was thinking more along the lines of lethal/non-lethal effects-based targeting once you're already boots on ground.

Anyway,
\\end nerd\\

Sir if possible could you send me contact info on the JIB my email is <edit>

thank you

That's not really how it works.

I'm no longer in the unit and the only person there I keep in contact with is one of the recruiters. If you want to talk to him about trying out for the unit, use the "private communication" (also known as private messaging) function here on the site to send me a message outlining your skills and experience. If I think you're the type of person the JIB is looking for, I'll put you in contact with the recruiter. Of course, there's nothing stopping you from looking up the information on your own...

Also, if you're planning on being a member here for any length of time, you may want to refer to the new user stickies, particularly the one concerning intro posts.

I edited out your name and email address from your last message, that kind of thing is better exchanged via PC than posted where everyone can see it.

Timeliness, Relevanace, Accuracy, Predictability

I would agree JIPOE/IPB is a part of F3EAD, but I was thinking more along the lines of lethal/non-lethal effects-based targeting once you're already boots on ground.

Anyway,
\\end nerd\\

Is TRAP doctrine? I have a vague memory of it, but I'm not sure from where.

Doesn't F3EAD already apply to both lethal and non-lethal targeting?

Is TRAP doctrine? I have a vague memory of it, but I'm not sure from where.

Doesn't F3EAD already apply to both lethal and non-lethal targeting?

Nope: they call that shit Find, Fix, Arrest, and some other crap that makes a cool power point slide. I really don't like that crap as it shifts the focus of WHAT is actually being briefed to HOW it's briefed.

I guess I'm just getting old and crotchety.

Nope: they call that shit Find, Fix, Arrest, and some other crap that makes a cool power point slide. I really don't like that crap as it shifts the focus of WHAT is actually being briefed to HOW it's briefed.

I guess I'm just getting old and crotchety.

Interesting. I came from a community where F3EAD was used as the targeting methodology, and it applied to both lethal and non-lethal.

Wow, which rock did all you Harry Potter types crawl out from underneath of? I haven't seen so much geek since that time I got drunk and fell asleep in Hagley Park and woke up to some LARP homos running around hitting each other with handbags.

However in one of you can come through with high resolution pics of the Scarlett Johansen leaked photos goodness I will take back my comments about geekness and elevate you to nerds.

However in one of you can come through with high resolution pics of the Scarlett Johansen leaked photos goodness I will take back my comments about geekness and elevate you to nerds.

I must have missed this one.

Wow, which rock did all you Harry Potter types crawl out from underneath of? I haven't seen so much geek since that time I got drunk and fell asleep in Hagley Park and woke up to some LARP homos running around hitting each other with handbags.

F3EAD was invented by ops types, and has become doctrine in the U.S. You ought to check it out ;)

F3EAD = true ops/intel fusion, was invented for lethal targeting but can be applied to non-lethal as well.

I understand the theory behind it well enough from Combat Tracking and I'm a big proponent of working that way. That said 1st rule is never miss an opportunity to shit on the Int types lest they become convinced they are the brain to my pinky :)

I've been working on an F3EAD paper with a (non-intel) friend of mine, I think I might have posted a draft version somewhere on the site.

I've been working on an F3EAD paper with a (non-intel) friend of mine, I think I might have posted a draft version somewhere on the site.

If you can find the link I'd be interested in reading it. A search is bringing me back here and a to a couple of other threads that do not contain it.

Back