Another Run on Ammo: DHS's New 900 Million Round Purchase

JBS

Leatherneck
Verified Military
We know the DHS purchased 450 million rounds of hollow point ammo not too long ago.

The newest order is 750 million hollow point .40 caliber rounds- in addition to what has already been ordered.

Besides this, they're now buying 150 million rounds of .223.

This is approximately double the entire annual US Navy and US Marine Corps war-time budget for small arms ammunition combined- all for an agency that has no combat element.

The Market Watch press release covering the purchase order has apparently been pulled from the internet, for some reason. If anyone can find the original, it might be nice to read it, maybe find out WTF they're stockpiling all of this hollow point ammo for. Despite one person's account that they use it for practice, I find it a bit expensive to use hollow points for practice ammo unless you are in a specialized unit- in which case maybe 20% of your budget would go to high quality hollow points, and the rest would be ordinary jacketed practice rounds. While there no doubt are specialized units in the DHS, I'd find it hard to believe they could burn off more ammo than all of the US Navy and the entire US Marine Corps during a time of two simultaneous wars.

http://www.marketwatch.com/Story/story/rescue?SourceUrl=http://www.marketwatch.com/story/atk-secures-40-caliber-ammunition-contract-with-department-of-homeland-security-us-immigration-and-customs-enforcement-dhs-ice-2012-03-12

If you're in the market for ammo, now is probably a good time to get what you can. As word of this spreads, it's likely to get scarce.

lol come on now LOOON... there is nothing tyrannical going on that calls for a need to overthrow. Not now, not in 20 years. Republicans will always cry about Democrats and talk about taking up arms. It's a cyclical process for years. Remember the election before Obama? How many people screamed at the top of their lungs they will get up and leave the country? Based on my facebook status alone, I'd say 75% of Republicans on my friends list. None of those fuck tards went anywhere.

If people rise up because they are annoyed about Obamacare, a sluggish economy, or Gay's being allowed to marry nationwide. Then they deserve to be put down by DHS and their hollow points as the treasonous dogs they are. Revolution should be in the face of tyranny, not in the face of "im a fucking pampered American who is tired of paying $5 a gallon for gas".

Face it guys.. in your personal day to day activities... barely quantifiable changes occur whether its a Republican or Democrat president.

Call it what you want to call it.

When a government agency with no combat element, and no military or expeditionary charter orders literally just shy of a billion rounds of ammunition, that's noteworthy.

I don't think anyone's calling for revolution because of the health care mandate, LOL. The question is what do the cards hold? Are they getting ready to push some wildly unpopular legislation? An executive order that won't go over well? Whatever it is, it sort of lends the appearance of preparation for something.

Consider that at the peak of the ammunition expenditures in Iraq and Afghanistan, the entire US military consumed about 72 million rounds of "small arms ammunition" in one year. That's the Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps globally- every combat engagement in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now, even if you add all the rifle ranges on all American bases across the face of the earth, you still get a consumption of roughly 400 million rounds in one year.

(*math edits)

That is a LOT of ammo.

I couldn't help but wonder if this was an attempt to control ammo supply... but it doesn't make sense because there are plenty of other categories out there, like 9mm.

Well, sir, we do know the legislation to ban ammo sales on the internet has legitimately begun- about 2 weeks ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/30/politics/democrats-ammo-sales/
Democrats propose ban on online ammo sales
Washington (CNN) -- Two Democratic lawmakers took on the hot-button political issue of gun control Monday, introducing legislation that would effectively ban online ammunition sales.

Longtime gun control advocates Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-New Jersey, and Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, D-New York, introduced the bill that they said would prevent buyers from purchasing unlimited quantities of ammunition through the Internet or through the mail. The bill would also require ammunition dealers to report bulk ammo sales to law enforcement.
"It's time to close the loophole that's allowing killers -- deranged, insane -- and even terrorists to buy ammunition online," Lautenberg said Monday at a news conference on the steps of Manhattan's City Hall. "You don't have to be a scientist to understand how wrong this is."

lol come on now LOOON... there is nothing tyrannical going on that calls for a need to overthrow.
Not right now. Sure. I have hope that everything will find a way to work itself out. But at the rate we are going, our economy will completely collapse within the next 20 years. All one has to do is look to California to see where we are headed. A huge portion of the San Juaquine Valley in California has been turned into a desert waste land to protect a 2 inch long fish that migrated into the irrigation canals. At least two major cities have already filed for bankruptcy. The state is next.

They borrow and spend at levels that are only exceeded by our own federal government. Regardless of party, that shit can only go on so long. EVERYONE knows it can't last, and some keep saying the only salvation is to borrow and spend more...............money that can NEVER be paid back. The well is dry, and the fed can only print so much until the dollar becomes worthless.

Hyperinflation is already starting to set in. It's almost $4 / gallon of gas here in Iowa. That means it's probably over $5 in California. When will it end? When it all collapses is when. That's when you will see 10 million pissed off gun owners march on DC to remove the fucks in power. And when it happens, I will be leading from the front with gun strapped to my walker.

Well, sir, we do know the legislation to ban ammo sales on the internet has legitimately begun- about 2 weeks ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/30/politics/democrats-ammo-sales/
Democrats propose ban on online ammo sales
I really love this quote "It's time to close the loophole that's allowing killers -- deranged, insane -- and even terrorists to buy ammunition online,"

That means that if you buy bulk ammunition over the net, you are a terrorist. Add this to the DHS memo that was released in 09 calling basically every member of this forum a "domestic terrorist".

When will it end? When it all collapses is when. That's when you will see 10 million pissed off gun owners march on DC to remove the fucks in power. And when it happens, I will be leading from the front with gun strapped to my walker.

And replace it with who?
We put a bunch of gun toting civilians in charge of the most powerful nation in the world and you think we come out of the dark ages?

I really love this quote "It's time to close the loophole that's allowing killers -- deranged, insane -- and even terrorists to buy ammunition online,"

That means that if you buy bulk ammunition over the net, you are a terrorist. Add this to the DHS memo that was released in 09 calling basically every member of this forum a "domestic terrorist".
The Left have been calling vets dangerous "baby killers" for decades now. That part is nothing new. The difference is now all the pony-tailed professors and flower-power free-love pot smoking Marxist idiots have managed to get their guy into office (along with a train of radical leftist activist allies). As I posted before, Obama literally launched his Presidential campaign from the home of a domestic terrorist bomber who wanted to overthrow America and replace it with a Marxist version of government. How is that for some shit?

That's an indisputable fact.

So now they're in power, and their views are trickling into every wing of government. It's still "baby killer", but now it is in the documents of the newly formed DHS. It's "baby killer" with an official raised embossedseal and stamp.

And replace it with who?
We put a bunch of gun toting civilians in charge of the most powerful nation in the world and you think we come out of the dark ages?
Dknob who do you think is supposed to run this country?

An oligarchy of elite super-wealthy rulers who are immune to the rule of law, hook each other up with billions of our dollars and fly around in private jets we paid for? That's what we got right now. Washington is very close to being completely consumed by corruption to the point where up until a few months ago, Congressmen were packing their freezers with $100 bills, and skipping taxes on their overseas beach houses. They haven't passed a budget in 4 years, and nothing is getting done. Our system is in danger and the only thing passing is things that get ramrodded by decree or executive order.

This country is supposed to be ruled by CONSENT. That consent is rapidly eroding.

And replace it with who?
You hold new elections across the nation. Disolve the political parties and place a ban of former, rich politicians running. I want everyday, average Americans in DC. Then you dratically lower the salaries and make it impossible for a guy to become a mulit millionaire after serving multiple terms in Congress. And you do that by placing term limits.

Serving in Congress used to be about service to the nation. Now it's the only job in the world where you can come from the ghetto and spend 20 years in there, and end up a gazillionaire.

Im not talking about destroying our way of government, Im talking about hitting a reset button.

Dknob who do you think is supposed to run this country?

An oligarchy of elite super-wealthy rulers who are immune to the rule of law, hook each other up with billions of our dollars and fly around in private jets we paid for? That's what we got right now. Washington is very close to being completely consumed by corruption to the point where up until a few months ago, Congressmen were packing their freezers with $100 bills, and skipping taxes on their overseas beach houses. They haven't passed a budget in 4 years, and nothing is getting done. Our system is in danger and the only thing passing is things that get ramrodded by decree or executive order.

This country is supposed to be ruled by CONSENT. That consent is rapidly eroding.

Brother this has been going on since World War I... if anything.. the super wealthy and elitists had more of a say of how our country was ran through the 20s to the 60s then the politicians of today. If anything.. politicians are less corrupt nowadays then they were in the past. Because it is so hard to get away with this shit in today's age. The trail of corruption could be acquired by anybody with an internet connection if you knew where to look. Obama, or Bush, or Romney, or whatever president at the time is not going to change the nature of the beast.

Our system is in danger yes.. but we will figure out a way to get through it because at the end of the day, there are people in this government who are competent and passionate enough to come up with a solution.

Too many people support the emperor (whether Dem or Republican) when they should be supporting the empire.

You hold new elections across the nation. Disolve the political parties and place a ban of former, rich politicians running. I want everyday, average Americans in DC. Then you dratically lower the salaries and make it impossible for a guy to become a mulit millionaire after serving multiple terms in Congress. And you do that by placing term limits.

Serving in Congress used to be about service to the nation. Now it's the only job in the world where you can come from the ghetto and spend 20 years in there, and end up a gazillionaire.

Im not talking about destroying our way of government, Im talking about hitting a reset button.

What you are talking about would destroy the US for the next 50 years.

What you are talking about would destroy the US for the next 50 years.
Quite possibly. And it would probably lead to a civil war. Middle of the country against the two coasts.

But Im not doing anything. The "destruction" is already happening. We are just dying a slow death. Rome is burning and too many people aren't paying attention.

And we are indeed Rome before the fall........

We know the DHS purchased 450 million rounds of hollow point ammo not too long ago.

The newest order is 750 million hollow point .40 caliber rounds- in addition to what has already been ordered.

Besides this, they're now buying 150 million rounds of .223.

If the original article said 750 million rounds of .40 cal hollow point, then it was pulled for inaccuracy. The entire order of 750 million rounds includes all kinds of ammo. Still pretty scary considering the amount. A link to the purchase order (all 91 freakin' pages of it) is below.
A solicitation originally issued by the DHS in April but updated on Friday calls on suppliers to provide a plethora of different types of ammunition, including 357 mag rounds that are able to penetrate walls.
The PDF file for the solicitation lists the different units of ammo required by the thousand, with the total ammo purchase exceeding 750 million rounds.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/dhs-to-purchase-another-750-million-rounds-of-ammo.html

Good post, Dame. I'm a bit slow to jump on sources until it becomes clear what the origin of the story was.

I think I'm going to wait a few days and see what press releases or other documents surface supporting the total quantity of 900 million.

Any time a government begins making inordinately large domestic orders for ammunition as mentioned, including an 92,000 round order of .40S&W Hollow-point ammunition just for the NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE???? - I'm not sure I need to wait for the political 'spin' or CNN / MSNBC to begin ridiculing anyone who dares ask 'why?' Something is definitely up - and it's definitely not good. https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportu...&id=bfd95987a1ad9a6dfb22bca4a19150cb&_cview=0

(Silly me... I forgot; Obama remains close friends with William Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn, the Weather Underground terrorists of the 1960′s. (Weather Service / Weather Underground = "tomAto / tomato")

Sounds to me like someone is trying to spend the last of their FY 2012 budget.

"How much is left? Screw it, buy some ammo..."

Good post, Dame. I'm a bit slow to jump on sources until it becomes clear what the origin of the story was.

I think I'm going to wait a few days and see what press releases or other documents surface supporting the total quantity of 900 million.

Here's the other thing... I just added up all that ammo. That order is for over 63 million rounds over 4 years. Unless there are other orders out there, I'm not sure where this 750 million figure is coming from. Again, I'm not saying that I'm not concerned that the Agriculture Dept needs millions of rounds to protect cattle and other food supplies (things that make me go hmmmm) but I'm still not seeing the quantities that are being reported.

Back