Army to Recommend MultiCam for Entire Force

Isn't the point of camouflage to break up the shape of the human body? Instead of spending millions on something that only blends with gravel, they could throw on a poncho, blanket, or ghillie suit to break up their profile, then add a few twigs and leaves to further break up their shape.

Is that what worked for you on xbox?

Isn't the point of camouflage to break up the shape of the human body? Instead of spending millions on something that only blends with gravel, they could throw on a poncho, blanket, or ghillie suit to break up their profile, then add a few twigs and leaves to further break up their shape.

Uniform-based camouflage is designed to break up the shape of the human body. It does this by conforming coloration with the surrounding backgrounds. This concealment can only take you so far, which is why for further camouflage you use ghillie suits, twigs, and leaves to supplement your uniforms camouflage.

Digital design camouflage does actually work, it buggers with how the human eye sees things. Unfortunately, there's a retired general officer with a fat check from being a camouflage consultant now who rode the army into a fucked up coloration scheme.

dyedacu.jpg

ACU pattern isn't bad. It works even better when dyed appropriate colors instead of shitty greens and greys that are rarely found in nature. There is no one solution fits all for camouflage, even Multicam balks at jungle/woodland/arctic terrain.

I would highly recommend not trying to make any suggestions as to how to properly camouflage soldiers until you have some actual first hand experience with the tactical requirements of camouflage and how to achieve them... ie, some time in some boots.

They see me trolling, they hating....

Ranger Psych thank you for answering my question. I asked this question seriously so that i could get a serious answer so again thank you for explaining.

Ranger Psych thank you for answering my question. I asked this question seriously so that i could get a serious answer so again thank you for explaining.

You did ask a question, but then you threw in your .02 cents when it wasnt needed.

You did ask a question, but then you threw in your .02 cents when it wasnt needed.

Exactly.

Tread carefully. You're coming off like a smartass trying to back an unsupportable position, based on ignorance of the subject. You will get slammed hard if you continue like this. Know your place. Learn.

\Tread carefully. You're coming off like a smartass trying to back an unsupportable position, based on ignorance of the subject. You will get slammed hard if you continue like this. Know your place. Learn.

I really appreciate that the people on this site are more than willing to call me out on any crap i write, so that i learn not to to be a complete idiot.

In my best "Old School" voice....You're... you're crazy, man. I like you, but you're crazy.

Back