Bad guys come to Texas...got more than they bargained for

The ridiculousness of the whole situation is surreal. Everyone thought they were winners over this.

Isis got to say look at us.

The Islam haters got to poke a finger in the eyes of Muslims and then say look what they did.

The dumbass potential gunmen allowed Darwin to clean up the gene pool a little quicker.

The only winners was Texas Swat who got some free target practice.

Yeah that event was basically a dare to attack, suprise! What cracked me up was the SWAT cops with suppressed M-4's, because that is neccesary in the states.

Everything should have a suppressor on it. If they were easier to get, you wouldn't have people moving into houses that are next to a range that's been there since before the new resident was born, and complaining about the noise.

Drawing with a broader brush, the west per se has had the Reformation, The Enlightenment & the Industrial Revolution, which IMO is continuing now. Somehow Arab countries (nee Islam) missed it & emerged in a different era from what it was initiallly comfortable with some time after. With the wests previous history as discussed above, nothing is off limits. We ridicule, we debate, we question, we inquire, we have free speech and can debate every topic as we see fit. We're progressive and it's high time the other lot caught up instead of being locked in a set of rules that if the apostacy did not exist those aforementioned rules would have been a footnote to history.

Last edited:
Yeah that event was basically a dare to attack, suprise! What cracked me up was the SWAT cops with suppressed M-4's, because that is neccesary in the states.
I think suppressed weapons for cops is a good idea, not like the job allows them to wear Peltors all day long.
I am actually surprised SOCOM hasn't gone 100% suppressed.

I think suppressed weapons for cops is a good idea, not like the job allows them to wear Peltors all day long.
I am actually surprised SOCOM hasn't gone 100% suppressed.

It also isn't like they need a reduced signature, or flash suppression. They can wear Peltors all day at the range, which is where they will be expending almost all the rounds they will ever fire.I just said I thought it was silly. I stand by that.

Everything should have a suppressor on it. If they were easier to get, you wouldn't have people moving into houses that are next to a range that's been there since before the new resident was born, and complaining about the noise.

That is an interesting point. I think they are only illegal because people have a James Bond view of them.

I can buy one just fine legally if I wanted.

Not in MN you can't. DNR is afraid you are going to illegally shoot deer in the dark and the neighbors won't hear the shot to tell on you - whole other thread I spose, but the DNR in MN has more power and influence in this state than you could ever imagine.

That is an interesting point. I think they are only illegal because people have a James Bond view of them.

Yeah, that law has always perplexed me, and I agree with your assessment.
In New Zealand a run of the mill suppressor for a .22 rifle sits in the box on the counter next to ear plugs and costs about $30.

From an industrial hygiene standpoint police SHOULD have suppressors on their weapons. Nobody likes hearing loss.

On topic, I loved the presser that the GPD put on the next morning, "He did a very GOOD job."

It also isn't like they need a reduced signature, or flash suppression. They can wear Peltors all day at the range, which is where they will be expending almost all the rounds they will ever fire.I just said I thought it was silly. I stand by that.

True, most of our shooting is training...and that's a good thing. As the saying goes, it's a life-saving organization not a life-taking one. However, just one or two rounds fired unsuppressed even in an open area--let alone an enclosed room--will cause instant hearing loss. It may be even worse if you're the guy standing next to the guy firing.

Given that this is predictable, and something we are able to mitigate with technology, I think a strong argument can be made that suppressors are an OSHA issue.

Back