Beirut Explosion

We were talking about this in the office today. I can totally see how this could be simply bureaucratic issue: you have all this stuff that's kind of in bureaucratic limbo, no one really wants to deal with it, there are some legal questions, but at the same time it might be useful somehow. I could either sell it as fertilizer, or as ANFO components for my Hez friends. #win either way.

Then, over time, we kind of forget about it, because hey it's Lebanon and yeah, we have issues. Then, one day, boom. :(

Nail on the head sir.

Tried to donate some $$ to Lebanese Red Cross, as i don't trust most international aid agencies. Both times my bank rejected the transfer.

Anybody know a reliable charity org to send relief funds to in Beirut?

I don't think so, they try to avoid civilian casualties.
If Hezbollah was getting ready for an all out assault; then I could see Israel going it's us or them, and choosing them.
I'd say Iran, if I was going to blame a state actor.
I disagree that this is a state actor caused event. This is an unfortunate accident; I expect other state actors to try to take advantage of the situation for influence (read —> control).

Chinese Embassy official Yu Be Cha said, “At this troubling time, the awesome majesty of China will stand together with the people of Lebanon to provide succor, bail out the Banque de Liban & build a glorious port, the likes of which the world has never seen, apart from Hambantota. We come in peace to subjugate the barbarians in their time of greatest need.”

Chinese Embassy official Yu Be Cha said, “At this troubling time, the awesome majesty of China will stand together with the people of Lebanon to provide succor, bail out the Banque de Liban & build a glorious port, the likes of which the world has never seen, apart from Hambantota. We come in peace to subjugate the barbarians in their time of greatest need.”
Meh. They’ve been trying to get their hooks into Lebanon for over a decade

Back