Beirut Explosion

I disagree that this is a state actor caused event. This is an unfortunate accident; I expect other state actors to try to take advantage of the situation for influence (read —> control).

It could just as well be LH and still be considered a state actor. Especially considering what's happening soon with regards to Hariri... seems like a great distraction and one that LH would benefit the most with external funding in aid to rebuild through their infrastructure companies.

This gif adequately shows the force of the blast:

Excellent BEFORE/AFTER of the Port area.
After looking at this drone video BDA, over and over and over, look how the two ships are spread apart to the right of the port, look how the terrain is flattened away from the initiation point, which IMHO, isn't the warehouse, but the orange ship docked at the port. The NA may have been stored in the warehouse, the fireworks may have been on fire, but there may have been a stronger detonator.
BEIRUT PORT-1.JPG
BEIRUT PORT-2.JPG

That wedding video ripped my heart out. My heart goes out to the Lebanese people who were out enjoying their day when this explosion place. Too much death and heartache for a populace already decimated to it's soul.

Excellent BEFORE/AFTER of the Port area.
After looking at this drone video BDA, over and over and over, look how the two ships are spread apart to the right of the port, look how the terrain is flattened away from the initiation point, which IMHO, isn't the warehouse, but the orange ship docked at the port. The NA may have been stored in the warehouse, the fireworks may have been on fire, but there may have been a stronger detonator.

That wedding video ripped my heart out. My heart goes out to the Lebanese people who were out enjoying their day when this explosion place. Too much death and heartache for a populace already decimated to it's soul.
The ship ended up on land. I read several news outlets that are saying welding repairs on the door are now thought to have set it off. I don't know that the true story will ever be known as anyone close enough to know isn't around anymore.

5,500,000lbs of ANFO. AT LEAST.
Where was it headed?
Where did it come from?
Was it all confiscated in one batch or was it added to, truckload after truckload of confiscated materiel?
Was a truckload of 20tons of ANFO mysteriously "willingly" confiscated and loaded into the warehouse with a "device" inside it?

BOOM and no-one knows.....

So much more to the story.

A Russian ship's cargo of dangerous ammonium nitrate was stranded in Beirut port for years

"Documents newly reviewed by CNN reveal that a shipment of 2,750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate arrived in Beirut on a Russian-owned vessel in 2013. The ship, named the MV Rhosus, was destined for Mozambique -- but stopped in Beirut due to financial difficulties that also created unrest with the ship's Russian and Ukrainian crew.

Once it arrived, the ship never left Beirut's port, according Lebanon's Director of Customs, Badri Daher, despite repeated warnings by him and others that the cargo was the equivalent of "a floating bomb."

How tons of potentially explosive cargo were stranded at Beirut port

The original freighter sank a few years ago, they can't get a current picture of it.

Abandoned by its owner and its crew, and taking on water, Prokoshev says the Rhosus eventually sank.

Its whereabouts today remain a mystery.

Back