Best Military Movie of All Time

Revision

Business
Today’s popular topic of discussion here at Revision is military movies. We asked around the office to find out which movies people thought were the best and listed the most popular responses below.

Black Hawk Down
Full Metal Jacket
Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
We Were Soldiers
Top Gun
The Deer Hunter
The Hurt Locker

You've seen what we think so now we're asking you, what do you think is the best military movie of all time?

No Platoon? No Bat 21? No Hamburger Hill? Restrepo (or is that considered a documentry)? No Sniper? I keed, I keed!!! :D

If Restrepo isn't considered a movie, I would go with Taking Chance (would this fit?), Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, and/or We Were Soldiers.

ETA - Rage275 just replays the volleyball scene... :eek:}:-)

CLOSED!

lol
VICTORY!!! haha

I actually watched "Restrepo" the other day. Wicked good film.
But I've seen TG more times than any heterosexual man should. Therefore, best military movie ever. Now cause I picked the winner does Revision send me some awesome glasses or what? :cool::thumbsup::ROFLMAO:

Today’s popular topic of discussion here at Revision is military movies. We asked around the office to find out which movies people thought were the best and listed the most popular responses below.

Black Hawk Down
Full Metal Jacket
Saving Private Ryan
Apocalypse Now
We Were Soldiers
Top Gun
The Deer Hunter
The Hurt Locker

You've seen what we think so now we're asking you, what do you think is the best military movie of all time?

All those are great. I've always liked "Heartbreak Ridge" and "Flags of Our Fathers"

When we were discussing these movies we were thinking more along the lines of movies made for entertainment rather than documentaries, however, a lot of us here at Revision have seen Restrepo and everyone definitely agrees that it's awesome.

Revision I would add to your list... Though many consider Top Gun an exercise in homoerotic fantasy and Kelly McGinnis went les after her time with Tom Cruise....

I recommend the following for cast selection and story, MOPIC is considered a EARLY Nam classic that is not well know...

Battlecry The Green Berets A Bridge Too Far The Longest Day Patton The Great Escape Where Eagles Dare In Harm's Way Porkchop Hill Mopic 84C The Big Red One The Caine Mutiny Sahara In Which We Serve The Young Lions The Boys In Company C Objective Burma The Sand Pebbles The Memphis Belle Twelve O'Clock High Cross Of Iron Hell Is For Heroes Gettysburg Stripes Mister Roberts God's and Generals March Or Die (just because I was an extra in it and died three times on screen, just another anonymous raghead being mowed down by the FFL) Battle of Algiers

When we were discussing these movies we were thinking more along the lines of movies made for entertainment rather than documentaries, however, a lot of us here at Revision have seen Restrepo and everyone definitely agrees that it's awesome.

If that's the case then Top Gun is definitely out, truly one of the best documentaries I've ever seen.

Excellent list RetPara. I was trying to remember the title of Mopic (I thought it was 84C Mopic though). One thing many of us are forgetting are movies about older wars, like Glory and The Red Badge of Courage (though you did mention Gettysburg).

I am going to enjoy seeing what everyone comes up with.

I thought that Ghay Gun was about the F-14 Tom Cat ?

Anyway....BEST...SCENE...EVER!

Too bad SixGuns ain't with us anymore.

Whereever You are Sir, hope You are doing well.

They should make Archer a movie. Wounder who would play Lana?
RAVAGE has 3000 posts. AND, I'd bone Lana, did you see my sig? I like the correlation between Archer AND Top Gun.

Also, the girl that does her voice is hardly attractive. But Lana... And Sheryl, although very stupid, is very animatically hot. Excuse the coinage.

Stacey Dash, case closed.

sexy-stacey-dash.jpg

Ohh btw, "Where Eagles Dare" was awsome.

Back