Body Types at RASP

Stingray01

Unverified
Hello Rangers,

I was curious as to what body type the majority of RASP candidates are? I am a former football player with a lean linebacker build. But from what I’ve seen it looks like a lot of the candidates seem to have cross-country builds. And if this is the case, should I try to cut as much weight as possible? I’m currently sitting at 6’1” 205 Ibs. I’m planning on dropping to 185. This could just be a misconception but I’m quite curious.

Thank you and God Bless

It doesn't matter what the majority of "body type" is. Be the best at running, pushups, situps, and rucking, and don't waste time thinking about what body type John or Aaron has.

Let me be more explicit. Maximize your performance. If that means 205, ok. If that means 185, ok. Hit the workouts as hard as possible and make sure your nutrition is on point. If you drop pounds and you have improved athletic performance, then so be it. The focus should not be on "having a cross-country build" though.

Don't be last, light, or late.

Last edited:
Hello Rangers,

I was curious as to what body type the majority of RASP candidates are? I am a former football player with a lean linebacker build. But from what I’ve seen it looks like a lot of the candidates seem to have cross-country builds. And if this is the case, should I try to cut as much weight as possible? I’m currently sitting at 6’1” 205 Ibs. I’m planning on dropping to 185. This could just be a misconception but I’m quite curious.

Thank you and God Bless
I’ve seen all types succeed man. Both at RASP, Ranger School and throughout my time in battalion. As long as you’re exceeding the standards, it doesn’t matter your body type. You have lanky cross country build types getting out run by guys who look like linebackers. And you have some insanely strong dudes who look like those cross country runners and are benching 315 at a bodyweight of 185. So just go in meeting the standards and work your way up to exceeding them and see what your body does in response. Maybe you’ll lose weight maybe you’ll stay where you’re at

It doesn't matter what the majority of "body type" is. Be the best at running, pushups, situps, and rucking, and don't waste time thinking about what body type John or Aaron has.

Let me be more explicit. Maximize your performance. If that means 205, ok. If that means 185, ok. Hit the workouts as hard as possible and make sure your nutrition is on point. If you drop pounds and you have improved athletic performance, then so be it. The focus should not be on "having a cross-country build" though.

Don't be last, light, or late.
Thank you for the advice Ranger Lefty375.

I’ve seen all types succeed man. Both at RASP, Ranger School and throughout my time in battalion. As long as you’re exceeding the standards, it doesn’t matter your body type. You have lanky cross country build types getting out run by guys who look like linebackers. And you have some insanely strong dudes who look like those cross country runners and are benching 315 at a bodyweight of 185. So just go in meeting the standards and work your way up to exceeding them and see what your body does in response. Maybe you’ll lose weight maybe you’ll stay where you’re at
Thank you as well for the advice Ranger DasBoot!

Back