Bulls and Bears - The Market

Net +12% YTD. Had a few really nice winners in AKRX, NVRO, ABMD, SF. Had some dogs, DEPO, OXY, AKRX (early on).

I would really love to see some volatility enter in. Unfortunately, I think that would only come with a material down move in the market which would hurt the middle class a lot more than it should as it usually does. I don't think that is good for the average, but there is a lot more to be made in a more volatile environment.

I've got a december 220 put on the QQQ so if it does crash this year I'll do well. If not, it was paid for out of profits so I don't mind losing.

I've got a december 220 put on the QQQ so if it does crash this year I'll do well. If not, it was paid for out of profits so I don't mind losing.

Very nice, I don't actually have any hedges on right now or opportunistic downside capture trades. I would love to make a play for increased vol but the decay eats away profitable return. My thought is at this point: When vol spikes and the market turns, I might lose (hopefully) 5% and then re-position for the next 5-15%.

I have very real concerns about the financial health of the average American worker, and am currently trying to look at potential trades around that.

Back