Case Study #2: The Loyal Wife

I think that thought may have came from this statement in your first post: "But he also says that SGT Bradley's squad leader, SSG Rico, suggested that it might be better if Bradley stayed home." Although in a subsequent post you did also state: "SSG Rico, Bradley's squad leader, definitely wants Bradley on this deployment, but not at the expense of Bradley's family."

Yep that's exactly the one I was basing my post on. Although it appears, I missed the second statement. Thanks, Gypsy.

Sorry about the earlier confusion ref. SSG Rico, I blame it on the SoCo. :cool:

:cool:

I think he is currently writing for that Army Wives show!

}:-);)

:)

Sad thing is, "most" of what is in this thread actually happened, :( obviously everyone's name is different, units are omitted, and I added some fiction to make it more interesting.

Bradely's just going to have to suck it up and stay in-theater. This doens't make a lot of sense to the two of you, but the CSM's word is law.

Good for the CSM. This what I was about to post before I read that last bit of info:

What do you do, and why?

Keep him in theatre. Mission first.

It may sound like the wrong thing to do, but in the end it's the right thing. Give him a few days to get his head straight, get him back on track.

As I understood the original post, he has a critical MOS.

I came into this late after the additional info. At this point I see no reason not to deploy him many reasons he should go. Tell him "Pack yo shit"
Edit " I didn't realize how long this was. I posted this on page two I think, so it is not so cut and dried now."

Probably taking care of Officer business...like golfing or something.

yep. we're all dying to know now. my prediction: I think the "benign" brain tumor is not so benign anymore, and shes either terminal, or if it is operable, needs to be operated on NOW. she's acting erratically and out of character, and she's showing a pattern of activity that makes her appear completely irrational when compared to previous habits and behavior. I don't think this is a simple "Joe leaves, Wife fucks Jody, Joe finds out, chaos ensues" story. but then, I've been wrong many a time before this one :D:)

HM-
Reading this thread - the affair has been going on for longer than just the deployment, I think there is a serious alcohol problem on the wife's side exacerbated by the meds she's on (either legal or illegal), and that the SF guy is a poser, a support guy, not 18 series.

I feel for Bradley, I went through a similar situation as a civilian - wife screwed around, left, and then married her boss (a lawyer). It ain't pretty, it ain't good, and it ain't cheap (esp. in NJ where it happened to me, lost the condo I cashed in a 401k to buy, had to cover all her outstanding debt, and she got 1/2 of everything after the debt was cleared, but I got hit with the taxes). All you can do is FIDO, I found a much better woman without looking, so life is good once again. The first wife was one of the reasons I chose to leave the service.

Probably taking care of Officer business...like golfing or something.

Yeah, something like that ;) I had a thing at the place...

I'm back now, so you can all stop sending me "hurry up and finish the damn story" PMs. :D Give me a minute to go back through and get the names and the details straight so I don't screw it up again.

//edit//

You're pondering how to find out who this little turd is. you have a strategy session with your senior NCOs and the company's contingent of warrant officers (because they're all devious little SOBs :D) and hash out a plan of action. Rico's friend is going to try to put "eyes on" Jody by going by Bradley's house and "checking in on" Mrs. Bradley. Your SIGINT warrant offers to do an IP trace to see where the emails that Jody is sending are originating. Your All-Source warrant says he and his guys will do some analysis on what's happened so far in order to do a "profile" of the guy sending the emails. Your CI Tech simply offers to cut the guy's balls off whenever you find out who he is.

You are good friends with the Group JAG. He tells you that it would be smart for you to email Jody back and, after identifying yourself as a commissioned officer, give Jody a legal order to cease and desist all contact with Mrs. Bradley. He also tells you to be veryr careful in dealing with this situation to not run afoul of intel oversight restrictions (collecting information on US persons), US laws, or the UCMJ. He reminds you that any misconduct on your part could result in dismissal of any charges that could/would be brought against Jody.

So, what course of action do you take at this point, and why?

Yeah, something like that ;) I had a thing at the place...

I'm back now, so you can all stop sending me "hurry up and finish the damn story" PMs. :D Give me a minute to go back through and get the names and the details straight so I don't screw it up again.

get on with it cir!

}:-)
warrant officers (because they're all devious little SOBs :D)
Shit, you mean it's not just the ones I get stuck with....they're all like this?

Sir,
You should write mysteries or something.

2 paragraphs, doth not a chapter make. What's the rest of the story! We're dyin over here.

Back