Case Study #2: The Loyal Wife

OH man..Ive been out all evening and I just got to read all of this. This is WAY better than the soaps Ive been watching while sitting around the hospital all week..Let me hurry up and get some popcorn before the next post!

LOL, you guys are devious... I like it.

I don't recall stating that SSG Rico wanted Bradley to stay back; if I did that's a mistake on my part. Rico wanted Bradley to deploy.

I think that thought may have came from this statement in your first post: "But he also says that SGT Bradley's squad leader, SSG Rico, suggested that it might be better if Bradley stayed home." Although in a subsequent post you did also state: "SSG Rico, Bradley's squad leader, definitely wants Bradley on this deployment, but not at the expense of Bradley's family."

You know she's not banging the doctor because he's in-country with you.

Forgot that it was the Group Surgeon, not just a doctor in general.

He explains that sending Bradley home at this point would only compound the situation; with everyone in the chain of command forward, and with SGT Bradley's mental state the way it is, it is extremely likely that someone would end up in jail, if not dead, if Bradley went home.

That would be a huge concern, as I expressed in one of my posts. But, he's in a bad place mentally which puts him and possibly his brothers in jeapordy in country. That's a tough call all around, but maybe the CSM thought at least with his unit you could keep better watch over him?

He turns over a sheaf of emails to you that say... <let me see if I can find them>

...that she's leaving him. Kid isn't his? At least he has control over his finances, that's a plus. Where's the popcorn smilie when you need it...

Where's the popcorn smilie when you need it...

food-smiley-007.gif
;)

Sorry about the earlier confusion ref. SSG Rico, I blame it on the SoCo. :cool:

Somewhere I've got the actual emails that I got... er, I mean that you got ref. Mrs. Bradley's (not her real name, of course) infidelities. Can't find them now, guess you'll have to use your imagination.

/////
As gently as he can, First Sergeant explains to SGT Bradley why he's not going home. Bradley is emotional at first, but he pulls himself together and says he's ready to Soldier. To minimize the risk of any... "accidents," First Sergeant relieves Bradley of his weapon and his ammunition, at least until the Group Psych has a chance to talk to Bradley (you're on a major FOB).

You and the first sergeant go over the packet of emails that night. It's apparent Mrs. Bradley has gone off the deep end. Her emails are rambling; poorly spelling, bad grammar, inicoherent thought processes, the whole deal (worse than TAR!). Everything a woman can say to hurt a man, she says- that he has a small penis, that the guy she's with is better in the sack, that the kids aren't his... you get the idea.

Then it gets even better. Jody* starts sending Bradley emails as well.

The emails from Jody are equally incoherent and rambling, guy's obviously poorly educated and not very intelligent to boot. He starts off by saying how much he likes sleeping in Bradley's bed, with his wife; driving Bradley's car, spending Bradley's money. He also says something that catches your attention- "Your jus atached to the group, but I am teh Group!!!" In the emails Jody also says how he knows Bradley abused his wife, and that how Jody is going to "take" Bradley's rank. In the emails Jody claims that he is senior in rank to Bradley, and that he's 18-series (Special Forces).

First Sergeant looks at the emails, and exclaims, "Oh HELL NO! I've got this one, sir. Talk to you in the morning." He bolts out to catch up with the CSM.

Over breakfast the next morning, First Sergeant goes over the conversation he had with the Group CSM the previous evening. Your first sergeant, ever the instigator, did a great job of pushing the CSM's buttons. "Hey Sergeant Major, this guy's saying that "I am the Group," I'm thinking that if anyone "is" the Group it's you, not this clown. But hey, I could be wrong..." The CSM now wants Jody's head on a plate.

So how do you find out who this guy is?

*for those of you who don't know, in America "Jody" is the generic term for the man who's boning your wife/girlfriend while you're off doing training/deployments in the military

Shouldn't his name be on the emails? Or are they all coming from the one source?

Get the MPs or whoever does it to go do a couple of doorknocks/a touch of surveillence.

MP's won't touch it with a 10 foot pole, although you can probably coerce them into a health and welfare check on the wife, given she lives on post.

SOMEONE has to be rear-d and be squared enough away to be able to do some recce to figure this out.

Ask the FRG, they always know who's sleeping with who anyway.

new assignees for support who are in the rear waiting to be pushed forward?

Yes.

They know what they're doing (or should do!) and have done this sort of work many times before. It's their bread and butter really.

It's starting to sound to me like SGT Bradley is a counter-intel. type and has been trying to play both sides against the middle in order to stay state side.

The quick and easy way to find out what's what would be ask SGT Bradley to file for a separation in order to allow you to have housing remove the missus from post.

If she's really cheating you're helping SGT Bradley out, if she's not...I think a homeless spouse will make the good SGT reconsider the dynamics of the situation he's created.

As far as tracking down the other dude that's sending emails goes, I'd shoot the post's Directorate of Information Management a line and let them do the footwork.

I'd have to take a pause on the counter intel angle. From Marauder's original post, I get the idea that this guy is well known to the unit and a has presented himself as a standup guy.

If he is a shady mo-fo....he can't be dumb enough to think he's the big fish in a little pond here....can he?

I'd have to side with some of the above statements....get a buddy to stake out the house and photograph some proof, or at least incriminating evidence.

File for seperation, change the bank accounts...boot her ass from post.

I have buddies who've gone through this shit while I was deployed with them. It ain't pretty. :(

everybody doesn't know everybody. I didn't know everyone in my unit and everyone knew me in uniform, but when I was off duty would walk past me without even registering who I was.

Hiding in plain sight is easy, trust me.

I would not support going outside military channels to address this issue. It can be taken care of in-house.

Asking bradley to commit to a plan of action without having any evidence past a message on an answering machine, and emails (both of which can be faked, look at SPAM!!!) is something that I would not blunder into lightly.

CSM wants to find out wtf is going on and crucify Jody, which is on your side.

If Bradley wants to find out, do what you can from where you are to build a larger case to be able to let bradley go home to sign the papers and shitcan the slut.

Being intel, do what analysis you can given the emails in terms of figuring out if the same person wrote them or not, and see what you can do to be able to figure out what previous communications before the hate mail started, looked like for comparison.

Get bradley to get his phone companies to fax/email/whatever copies of the past month's outgoing calls, then check numbers. The fact that Sprint defaults to a detailed phone bill is what saved me from marrying a cheater, because I was paying for more phone calls to "Jody" than to me. Make sure he pulls a prior to deployment phone bill as well as during deployment. There will be a rise in activity on that phone immediately after he left country because the cat is away and the mice can play.

Call in a favor or two if needed from friends still on post not in the unit, and see what they can figure out of the situation, through observation of the residence... Long periods of absence without anything to show for it, late night visitors, etc.

*for those of you who don't know, in America "Jody" is the generic term for the man who's boning your wife/girlfriend while you're off doing training/deployments in the military
LMAO Mara..would you believe this is the one term I DID know throughout this thread.
You should write a movie script..this is good stuff.;)

Back