Case Study #2: The Loyal Wife

Yeah, something like that ;) //edit//

You're pondering how to find out who this little turd is. you have a strategy session with your senior NCOs and the company's contingent of warrant officers (because they're all devious little SOBs :D) and hash out a plan of action. Rico's friend is going to try to put "eyes on" Jody by going by Bradley's house and "checking in on" Mrs. Bradley. Your SIGINT warrant offers to do an IP trace to see where the emails that Jody is sending are originating. Your All-Source warrant says he and his guys will do some analysis on what's happened so far in order to do a "profile" of the guy sending the emails. Your CI Tech simply offers to cut the guy's balls off whenever you find out who he is.

You are good friends with the Group JAG. He tells you that it would be smart for you to email Jody back and, after identifying yourself as a commissioned officer, give Jody a legal order to cease and desist all contact with Mrs. Bradley. He also tells you to be veryr careful in dealing with this situation to not run afoul of intel oversight restrictions (collecting information on US persons), US laws, or the UCMJ. He reminds you that any misconduct on your part could result in dismissal of any charges that could/would be brought against Jody.

So, what course of action do you take at this point, and why?

Action 1. Follow the JAG's advice, send the e-mail, and copy the JAG office, not BCC but copy.

Action 2. if possible, get Bradley to change all of his banking to an account that only he can access.

Action 3. Have Bradley start divorce proceedings, by filing for separation.

Action 4. send Bradley to get some counseling, either from the Chaplain, or from the Med Det Psych guys - he has to be able to stay in the game, and he sounds worth saving, even if he is getting played.

I would like to meet the chaplain who would be worth his salt in this one! no offence to chaplains in general, but that wont help! IMHO!

Do all of the above, as well as do a 'training exercise' with your guys, same email headers etc but changed verbage and recieving email address.

You may be friends with the JAG but adultery is a hard one in the military to make stick unless you have tangible proof of them doing the low crawl sprawl.

Sometimes dirty is better.

case in point, chick I used to date... new BF for her, starts messaging me over the internet telling me he's going to do all kinds of shit to me, guess I broke her somehow. Oh well.

Found out this guy's normal user name, found out his place of work. Called up to verify his address as a Best Buy HR rep, saying he had an application, bla bla.

Got sat imagery of his house down to his block and his block alone. Printed it out somewhere on high grade paper, his home masked negative style to make it stand out.

Got some photography of him checking his mail, his family, etc, digital print outs elsewhere again.

Did the classic cut out letters from magazines message "Don't threaten people that threaten you back" and made an off-site photocopy

latex gloves for the manila package, mailed out of state, containing all of the above.

He lost his job and was scared shitless. Never heard from him again. Think he moved out of state after that.

I have never given point's (not that I know how) but you got them on that one!}:-)

I had a 1SG tell me my coffee tasted like piss once, I asked him why he thought I went to the latrine to fill the pot. Never made coffee again. :D

Action 1. Follow the JAG's advice, send the e-mail, and copy the JAG office, not BCC but copy.

Action 2. if possible, get Bradley to change all of his banking to an account that only he can access.

Action 3. Have Bradley start divorce proceedings, by filing for separation.

Action 4. send Bradley to get some counseling, either from the Chaplain, or from the Med Det Psych guys - he has to be able to stay in the game, and he sounds worth saving, even if he is getting played.

Ex-Sf, RangerPsych, good posts.

Bradley files for dicorce, changes his bank accounts so that only he has access, (still sends his wife his BAH until the divorce is final and he can cut slingload), and agrees to talk to the chaplain.

Rico's buddy comes through with a discription of Jody (young, white, brown hair, brown eyes) and a description of the vehicle. Turns out that Jody's driving Bradley's car. The IP resolves to the same address that Mrs. Bradley uses, meaning that Jody is sending Bradley emails from Bradley's apartment; no help there. Then you get a break.

Bradley gets an email notice from his bank. It seems that someone has tried to cash a check on the account that Bradley just closed. First Sergeant says that this is probably the clue we need to find out who Jody is. Why does he say that?

Ex-Sf, RangerPsych, good posts.

Bradley files for dicorce, changes his bank accounts so that only he has access, (still sends his wife his BAH until the divorce is final and he can cut slingload), and agrees to talk to the chaplain.

Rico's buddy comes through with a discription of Jody (young, white, brown hair, brown eyes) and a description of the vehicle. Turns out that Jody's driving Bradley's car. The IP resolves to the same address that Mrs. Bradley uses, meaning that Jody is sending Bradley emails from Bradley's apartment; no help there. Then you get a break.

Bradley gets an email notice from his bank. It seems that someone has tried to cash a check on the account that Bradley just closed. First Sergeant says that this is probably the clue we need to find out who Jody is. Why does he say that?

The bank will have the check and who it's made out to. Most likely Jody.

The bank will have the check and who it's made out to. Most likely Jody.

I dont know, my ex even signed her name on checks that she wasent even on the Header! Remember when charges were 10 bucks, my bank refunded 310 deneros to me because of that. 1SG and CO still had my Balls in a Vice!

Well, this works for you because either:

A: He got a check made out to him by the ex

B: He FORGED THE CHECK POSING AS THE HUBBY

Hopefully B because that will fuck his WORLD up seeing what he already got into

First Sergeant says that this is probably the clue we need to find out who Jody is. Why does he say that?
Who the check was made out to, and video (if available) from the attempt....sounds like he just might be dumb enough to be present.

Sorry bout those 45 whining PMs Mara. I will whittle it down to 10 next time. AND after all of that I fell asleep and didnt get all of this till morning. I still made popcorn, this is good stuff.. you need to write novels Im tellin' ya!:D

Back