Case study: the war hero

what exactly compels these people to do this anyway.

I mean, blues aint cheap, and it seems he has a couple different set... and although all the awards aren't right, it looks like he's actually following reg as to where the fuck they go so he's got to put some time into the shit.

I mean, what benifit do you expect to recieve?

what exactly compels these people to do this anyway.

I mean, blues aint cheap, and it seems he has a couple different set... and although all the awards aren't right, it looks like he's actually following reg as to where the fuck they go so he's got to put some time into the shit.

I mean, what benifit do you expect to recieve?

Someone somewhere will tell him he's a hero and pump his pathetic ego up.

That's my guess.

Eyes said:
Hundreds of dollars on uniforms just to con a few good people out of a couple of free rounds of drinks... :uhh:

More than drinks, how many marriages & weekend couplings you think some of these losers will get? More than 1 lady has been taken in by their stories. Not to money some of the posers have borrowed from lady friends under the guise of "help a hero" in his time of need. Ugh.

Think we need a site called
askforacertifiedcopyofhisdd214beforemarryinghim.com
I feel sorry for anyone taken in by these guys. The minute I meet a guy & he says he is a former SEAL/high speed Rambo/etc, my eyes usually , well, you know ... :rolleyes:

In fact, I work with one. Waiting to find the right time to drop that factoid into conversation with faculty from the military school he professes to teach at, part-time. :eek:

In fact, I work with one. Waiting to find the right time to drop that factoid into conversation with faculty from the military school he professes to teach at, part-time. :eek:

You absolutly must let us know when you do that!

More than drinks, how many marriages & weekend couplings you think some of these losers will get? More than 1 lady has been taken in by their stories. Not to money some of the posers have borrowed from lady friends under the guise of "help a hero" in his time of need. Ugh.

Think we need a site called
askforacertifiedcopyofhisdd214beforemarryinghim.com
I feel sorry for anyone taken in by these guys. The minute I meet a guy & he says he is a former SEAL/high speed Rambo/etc, my eyes usually , well, you know ... :rolleyes:

Sorry, if a guy's military service is an important part of a woman's choice to be with him, she's just as much a user as any phony she risks being with...if not more so.

Sorry, if a guy's military service is an important part of a woman's choice to be with him, she's just as much a user as any phony she risks being with...if not more so.

My thoughts exactly! My wife knew I was in the Army Reserves when I married her and knew I had been on active duty, but to her I could have been speaking a foreign language. Certainly wasn't a selling point with her.

I *think* she's referring to women who fall for a poser and his lies because they don't know enough to smell BS...

I *think* she's referring to women who fall for a poser and his lies because they don't know enough to smell BS...

While I'd never rise to the defense of a world-class turd like the above, I wouldn't just assume the objectivity of an estranged spouse in this situation either.

There are tons of guys who have been suckered in by the siren call of a camp follower trying to raise her justifiably low level of self-esteem by leeching off the respect they feel they warrant by being a “hero’s” dominion.

While I'm still young, I've never had a GF question my military service because except for the women I've dated that have been in, they didn't care. And the ones that WERE in, cared even less. I'm just saying.

While I'd never rise to the defense of a world-class turd like the above, I wouldn't just assume the objectivity of an estranged spouse in this situation either.

There are tons of guys who have been suckered in by the siren call of a camp follower trying to raise her justifiably low level of self-esteem by leeching off the respect they feel they warrant by being a “hero’s” dominion.

Oh, I agree with you...

Not to mention the bitches who take advantage of Military guys and disappear once they've deployed, taking everything with them...cheating etc. Some pretty hair raising stories direct from the guys I have known or written over the years....but I digress.

But...every now and then there are those shitbag posers who not only steal what is not theirs but also lie. I'm just saying. ;)

Oh, I agree with you...

Not to mention the bitches who take advantage of Military guys and disappear once they've deployed, taking everything with them...cheating etc. Some pretty hair raising stories direct from the guys I have known or written over the years....but I digress.

Sounds like the start of a new case study thread.

Lots of the military wives at my last unit hated my wife because I gave her a FULL POA.

She knew the rules, I come home fucked or broke, she's going to be in a body bag no matter where she hid... lol

Still have her on a full POA to this day, given my work schedule (my work's 230 miles from home by aircraft with little commo capability, just no being shot at)

Indeed. Some of the stories I heard just made me weep. :( Well, besides feeling an incredible anger.

This reminds me of that scene in Jarhead ... "that's my wife... THAT'S MY WIFE!!" :: shudder :: being in the military and hearing stories of Joes and Janes getting fucked over by shitbag spouses is one of those times I can be glad to say I'm not married.

(for those that don't remember or never saw it: a women screws the neighbor, video tapes them doing it doggy-style, and mails it to her deployed Marine husband.)

If HE brags about it & lies, then his military service isn't the issue.

I'm of the "trust but verify" mind-set. :)

Lots of the military wives at my last unit hated my wife because I gave her a FULL POA.

cat fight over a POA huh? That's funny, i just gave my wife one...if she's gonna burn me, she'll do it to my face.

Any you frogmen out there heard of Earl(e) Simon...family friend of mine...says he was a seal from 60 - 61 (HAH!) Navy Cross. I know he's full of shit, but i'd just love to know if anyone actually knew him from the service

Back