CCT mission

Popeye

FMF corpsman
Verified Military
Navy corpsman here, getting out to join the Air Force for CCT. Currently looking for more info before completely commiting myself to this career field. I have done my research, and still have questions of the tasks performed by CCT.

Are CCT treated as enablers, or do they participate in direct action raids and such?

My understanding is that PJs usually stay behind until something goes wrong, then come to the rescue after the SEAL team /CAG/whoever is already on the mission. That is why I’m not going for PJ. Is CCT treated as a member of the team when going after bad guys? Do they do unilateral counter terrorism missions? Basically I want to go after bad people. That’s why I’m looking into SOF.

Please be tolerant if you see any of my comments as ignorant! I’m just working on fully understanding my potential career.

I'm going to let some of our green tagged members answer your questions as far as treatment, missions, etc goes for CCTs.

But as to whether they ever "go after bad people", the story of SSgt Richard Hunter is probably a good one to look at.

Navy corpsman here, getting out to join the Air Force for CCT. Currently looking for more info before completely commiting myself to this career field. I have done my research, and still have questions of the tasks performed by CCT.

Are CCT treated as enablers, or do they participate in direct action raids and such?

My understanding is that PJs usually stay behind until something goes wrong, then come to the rescue after the SEAL team /CAG/whoever is already on the mission. That is why I’m not going for PJ. Is CCT treated as a member of the team when going after bad guys? Do they do unilateral counter terrorism missions? Basically I want to go after bad people. That’s why I’m looking into SOF.

Please be tolerant if you see any of my comments as ignorant! I’m just working on fully understanding my potential career.

Here are a couple links.

Air Force Senior Airman Jason D. Cunningham| Military Times

CMOHS.org - Technical Sergeant Chapman, John. A., U.S. Air Force

Wat do you think a Combat Controller does?

Well, there are a shit ton of misconceptions in your OP, which is fine. You don’t know what you don’t know.

If you want to make the biggest impact on terrorism, I suggest you run for office.

Well, there are a shit ton of misconceptions in your OP, which is fine. You don’t know what you don’t know.

If you want to make the biggest impact on terrorism, I suggest you run for office.

Haha! That’s a good point. Really what I’m getting at is that I want to be a trigger puller, and CCT is sometimes referred to as “support”, which is throwing me off. Is CCT a good field for somebody who wants to be a trigger puller?

Haha! That’s a good point. Really what I’m getting at is that I want to be a trigger puller, and CCT is sometimes referred to as “support”, which is throwing me off. Is CCT a good field for somebody who wants to be a trigger puller?
The steel enforced car bomb barreled relentlessly toward the joint special operations team … it seemingly came from nowhere.

A Special Tactics operator, exposed in an open turret hatch, began to fire the Humvee-mounted M2 machinegun into the large pickup truck, as it hurtled closer and closer.

200 meters, 150 meters, 125 meters… finally, the operator triggered a massive detonation at 100 meters away.

The team was safe … for now

Sounds like he was doing quite a bit of trigger pulling.

https://www.dvidshub.net/news/262652/silver-star-awarded-mosul-offensive

Trigger pulling isn't their primary mission.
Why not push for BUDS? or SWCC?
or the Army (18X, or 68W Option 40).

Trigger pulling isn't their primary mission.
Why not push for BUDS? or SWCC?
or the Army (18X, or 68W Option 40).

I have been looking into all of those programs extensively. Originally I joined the navy looking to drop a package for SO. My year group closed. Which is the Navy’s way of screwing you over. So SO and SB are basically off the table. After being screwed over by the marine corps and big navy for 5 years, I don’t think I can handle big army. Being as disgruntled as I am.

So now I’m turning to the Air Force. To be treated more like a human, and to not get stuck doing a job that makes everyone hate their life. (Yes my unit is that bad).

Last edited:
I have been looking into all of those programs extensively. Originally I joined the navy looking to drop a package for SO. My year group closed. Which is the Navy’s way of screwing you over. So SO and SB are basically off the table. After being screwed over by the marine corps and big navy for 5 years, I don’t think I can handle big army. Being as disgruntled as I am.

So now I’m turning to the Air Force. To be treated more like a human, and to not get stuck doing a job that makes everyone hate their life. (Yes my unit is that bad).
Have you looked at TACP?

Back