CIA Assassination Program

Congressional sources/leaks

July 15 - Scott Stewart and Fred Burton

Under the current version of the National Security Act, with very few exceptions, the administration is required to report the most sensitive covert activities to, at the very least, the so-called “gang of eight” that includes the chairmen and ranking minority members of the congressional intelligence committees, the speaker and minority leader of the House of Representatives and the majority and minority leaders of the Senate. In the wake of the program’s disclosure, some Democrats would like to expand this minimum reporting requirement to include the entire membership of the congressional intelligence committees, which would increase the absolute minimum number of people to be briefed from eight to 40. Some congressmen argue that presidents, prompted by the CIA, are too loose in their invocation of the “extraordinary circumstances” that allow them to report only to the gang of eight and not the full committees. Yet ironically, the existence of the covert CIA program stayed secret for over seven and a half years, and yet here we are writing about it less than a month after the congressional committees were briefed.
Yup. :2c:

Ajax,
I'll respond to your first question by saying something we all probubly realize.
"The end state in Iraq is fluid".
Not so much in the military sense were all familiar with, but in a Political sense.
Politicaly speaking, truth is fluid when adapted to reality in a way that sheople, who want to, through sound bites, form their opinion.
It seems fairly obvious that Obama wants to declare victory in Iraq and leave, period.
The Generals and Military/Strategic advisors will do their best to hold onto the advantages we've gained through the blood of patriots as we declair Victory we withdraw.
Chances are good that 12 to 18 months from now he'll be doing the same thing concerning Afghanistan, regardless of the "Ground Truth" because it'll be election time for Congress, and a politician's gotta keep their seat you know...
But as already said earlier in this thread, modern politicians have little regard or concern for OPSEC when it comes to furthering their career or even their parties standing on an issue.
Aparently thats what happens when you interpret "walking the walk" as meening the halls of Congress.

For me I had to resign from the debating society. I left all that to the non doers if that is a word.

I went to work I took an assignment concluded that assignment and went on from there. Right or wrong is not my problem, my problem is get the job done.

I saw a great shirt the other day "If you weren't there shut up"

I have one question have you ever seen a politician outside the wire?

For me I had to resign from the debating society. I left all that to the non doers if that is a word.

I went to work I took an assignment concluded that assignment and went on from there. Right or wrong is not my problem, my problem is get the job done.

I saw a great shirt the other day "If you weren't there shut up"

I have one question have you ever seen a politician outside the wire?
Politicians are famously absent from "the wire". I have much more respect for leaders who have served, and who have sent their sons & daughters into harm's way.
Manolito said:

We need more "doers" in the debating society.:2c:

If someone is a global threat and needs a good dirt nap, then by all means nix the fucker by whatever COVERT means necessary to prevent war in the future and the cost of more lives.

So now we read in the New York Times and Washington Post that the CIA was contracting out this assassination program to Blackwater!

...just when it looked like the issue was going to be overtaken by other things!

Anybody want to start a pool, betting on when we'll hear the first call for "hearings"?

Back