Convert S&W Shield from .40 to 9mm

Why not trade the .40 in for a Shield 9 mm? I have seen the Shield brand new for 299.00 recently. Also, I received my .45 Shield rebate package today. Two 20 Rd boxes of hollow points, a speed loader, and two mags. Pretty stoked about that:p

Last edited:
Speaking as an armorer I’d put the $159 plus shipping plus tax plus (likely) gunsmith fee toward buying a purpose built 9mm Shield. Trade or sell the .40.

That's good enough for me. I was under the impression from the cigar-shop "gun guy" that it was as simple as swapping out the barrels.

They recently put out an upgraded version of the Shield with ported barrel, night sights, and better trigger.

Performance Center® Ported M&P®9 SHIELD™ | Smith & Wesson

1517086107744.png

That's good enough for me. I was under the impression from the cigar-shop "gun guy" that it was as simple as swapping out the barrels.

They recently put out an upgraded version of the Shield with ported barrel, night sights, and better trigger.

Performance Center® Ported M&P®9 SHIELD™ | Smith & Wesson

View attachment 21174
I've shot both the basic and the PC 9mm. IMO, not much difference considering there is a big price difference. I do like the sights a little better on the PC version, though.

Back