Covid-19

They seem to have learnt from SARS where they tried to not frighten the horses & had lax border controls. Looks like this time the quarantine procedures have been implemented early. They’ve isolated about 13 cities so far. Also, bad as it is, is it potentially as bad as SARS?

Nobody is really sure right now how bad this particular strain is because if it still being early/Chinese media lockdowns.

Right now it's on track to be comparable to SARS, but the fear is it might become more like MERS.

How Does Wuhan Coronavirus Compare With MERS, SARS And The Common Cold?

So State is trying to get all US Citizens out of Wuhan...https://www.wsj.com/articles/state-department-confirms-evacuation-flight-from-wuhan-11580012055?mod=e2tw

But um...considering what is going on, I'm not sure we should even let these folks board. Considering the situation in China is getting insane, I'm surprised a plane would even be allowed to take off.

So State is trying to get all US Citizens out of Wuhan...https://www.wsj.com/articles/state-department-confirms-evacuation-flight-from-wuhan-11580012055?mod=e2tw

But um...considering what is going on, I'm not sure we should even let these folks board. Considering the situation in China is getting insane, I'm surprised a plane would even be allowed to take off.

Hope they use a big plane. Gonna get mighty uncomfortable sitting on the tarmac for a week in a correntined aircraft.

All jokes aside, this all seems a little fishy to me.

I'm not going to say there is any foul play here, however, a few things make me raise a few eyebrows.

The first being that only Hong Kong has declared a state of emergency. The WHO says this is NOT an international health emergency, even though there are 12 countries with CONFIRMED infections. (According to Which countries have confirmed cases of new coronavirus? )

The most infections are in China of course. Disregarding the obvious overpopulation problem and its immediate and future consequences ( Population Control and Consequences in China ) Hong Kong is the ONLY country so far that has declared a state of emergency, despite only having 5 confirmed cases. I'm sure you all know what is going on in Hong Kong. This is interesting to me simply because does declaring this "state of emergency" allow them more freedom to terrorize their protesters more? Who knows.

I'm not saying that there is ANY foul play going on. However, it is thought provoking.
Not trying to overstep any boundaries here, if out of line, admin feel free to remove.

All jokes aside, this all seems a little fishy to me.

I'm not going to say there is any foul play here, however, a few things make me raise a few eyebrows.

The first being that only Hong Kong has declared a state of emergency. The WHO says this is NOT an international health emergency, even though there are 12 countries with CONFIRMED infections. (According to Which countries have confirmed cases of new coronavirus? )

The most infections are in China of course. Disregarding the obvious overpopulation problem and its immediate and future consequences ( Population Control and Consequences in China ) Hong Kong is the ONLY country so far that has declared a state of emergency, despite only having 5 confirmed cases. I'm sure you all know what is going on in Hong Kong. This is interesting to me simply because does declaring this "state of emergency" allow them more freedom to terrorize their protesters more? Who knows.

I'm not saying that there is ANY foul play going on. However, it is thought provoking.
Not trying to overstep any boundaries here, if out of line, admin feel free to remove.

Minor point: I don’t think Hong Kong is a country.

Probably in this context you could consider it akin to its own country since it's geographically separate and has border controls.

So I was talking to a guy who works in HSE for Oceaneering the current R0 factor they have for the virus is between 2.8 and 3.6 That's what they've found so far. Fatality rate of confirmed infections seems to be 4% at the moment. The R0 factor of Ebola is 2.0 and the R0 for HIV is 4.0. Considering the dense population of Chinese cities and Wuhan this could get bad realllll quick. Unlike with SARS, China seems to have taken a lot of action. But there are Coronavirus cases popping all over.

Don't be surprised if this turns out to be a biological WMD. Seems almost like two viruses in one.
So far only seems to be killing people with prior issues (URI, heart problems, etc.) However, this is all based upon what China is telling us and reporting.

I feel like there is a ton of information NOT being told to us. Multiple "whistleblowers" and twitter "journalists" are publishing videos showing large amounts of dead bodies and are reporting closer to 90,000 infected.

Everyone wash your hands 20 times after everything.

Two bioweapon labs just so happen to be in Wuhan? And they’ve ruled out bioterrorism fairy quickly.. a friend pointed out that coronavirus is bad news for HK Protestors. Not saying it’s directly related but it is in play due to China desperately wanting it (protests) to end.

China desperately wanting it (protests) to end.
Was my initial thought. Considering it seems to only be killing (that we know of) people with previous or underlying ailments, it may be some kind of weaker strain that China is trying to test out on the population? Some sort of weakened strain for crowd control? A horrible thought, but something that could turn up being true eventually.
Only time will tell now.

Global markets are getting rocked. The lack of travel and shopping in China is mainly the cause. Also, the closing of manufacturing plants now that China extended the Lunar New Year holiday.

You may not be infected, but everyone is starting to affected.

Back