Covid-19

Don't be surprised if this turns out to be a biological WMD. Seems almost like two viruses in one.
So far only seems to be killing people with prior issues (URI, heart problems, etc.) However, this is all based upon what China is telling us and reporting.

I don't think this is a biological WMD at this point, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a virus being worked on that got out of a facility. My viewpoint is if it was a WMD, then the mortality and morbidity rates would be higher. Now, if the viral pathogen is supposed to sit in the host and then waiting for another trigger released that mutates this into something very deadly with a higher rate, that thought scares the absolute hell out of me.

China is capable of doing this to its own people. Don’t forget about the Uyghur camps. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a biological weapon being tested that somehow got out on purpose or by mistake.

China is capable of doing this to its own people. Don’t forget about the Uyghur camps. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a biological weapon being tested that somehow got out on purpose or by mistake.

These are Han people. Are yourself one question: Why? Why would they test this on such an uncontrolled level? This isn't something new, it's a variation of an already known virus. China is, scientifically, a first world country. They don't need human subjects these days since medical science is so well understood. And if they did why wouldn't they do it in somewhere third world where they don't have to deal with the consequences?

Two bioweapon labs just so happen to be in Wuhan? And they’ve ruled out bioterrorism fairy quickly.. a friend pointed out that coronavirus is bad news for HK Protestors. Not saying it’s directly related but it is in play due to China desperately wanting it (protests) to end.
Was my initial thought. Considering it seems to only be killing (that we know of) people with previous or underlying ailments, it may be some kind of weaker strain that China is trying to test out on the population? Some sort of weakened strain for crowd control? A horrible thought, but something that could turn up being true eventually.
Only time will tell now.

1. Speculation like this is not helpful. I'm not staff here, but I would recommend you stick to facts and informed discussion thereof lest this place turn into some kind of high school slumber party.

2. Understand that even the news is selling a product - and that product is you. The more they stoke your fears, the more time you spend watching/clicking. More time & clicks = more advertising dollars.

3. Context is everything: This Past Flu Season Was the Longest in 10 Years, the CDC Says

From the above linked article:

"In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died. That’s fairly on par with a typical season, and well below the CDC’s 2017-2018 estimates of 48.8 million illnesses, 959,000 hospitalizations and 79,400 deaths."

Do you recall mass hysteria during the 2018-19 flu season? Neither do I.

It is bad enough the political threads drove me away for a few days, now I have to read some of the batshit craziest, tin foil wearingist, rootin', tootin', shootin' nonsense north, south, east, and wesssst of the Pecos.

Some things are just Ikea furniture: you pull them out of the box, follow the instructions, and boom! You have a desk. Some of you toss the instructions and grab a mallet plus some 10 penny nails and voila! A beach blanket.

It is bad enough the political threads drove me away for a few days, now I have to read some of the batshit craziest, tin foil wearingist, rootin', tootin', shootin' nonsense north, south, east, and wesssst of the Pecos.

Some things are just Ikea furniture: you pull them out of the box, follow the instructions, and boom! You have a desk. Some of you toss the instructions and grab a mallet plus some 10 penny nails and voila! A beach blanket.
American Gods is a great show. Their premise of fear is relevant to this whole ordeal. When people fear, they panic, and that panic spreads. That fear becomes truth when in fact it was never real to begin with.

And it's the media's job, online or off, to spread panic. Ratings, hits and revenue increase proportionate to the amount of fear generated.

Media is surely to blame for the mass hysteria of...everything, but so are our elected officials. You can see that through our political threads. And guess what, even people of this community latch onto it. I know I'm guilty. Ultimately, fear is power, and power is control.

Was my initial thought. Considering it seems to only be killing (that we know of) people with previous or underlying ailments, it may be some kind of weaker strain that China is trying to test out on the population? Some sort of weakened strain for crowd control? A horrible thought, but something that could turn up being true eventually.
Only time will tell now.

Dude, enough with the conspiracy theory nonsense. It’s not helping when people need actual, reliable information.

By the way, you posted an opinion that this seems like two viruses in one. What kind of background do you have in microbiology or virology to support that?

I in no way intended to come across as a medical professional or any kind of qualified individual in any form of science.
I just stated it seemed like two virus in one in the way it appeared to behave as well as what "whistleblower" reports were saying.

Like I stated, I meant 0 disrespect or any intent to misinform and cause mass-hysteria. I will cease all interaction on the board unless it is stated from a credible, factual source. Apologies to all parties involved.

I’m not staff, and I’m not officially chastising you. I’m just asking you to think, that’s all.

CDC says the Rick to Americans in the US is very low.

Don't get click bait,

Just Google it.

Now 131 wasn’t it just 109 yesterday? How bad is this should I be worried? Twitter
There's 7.5 billion people in the world, with 1.4 billion in China. Let's not freak out over 5 people infected in the US. Let's take a second to remember the scare of Ebola, then it fell off the news cycle after elections...

I feel like @amlove21 and his fight against deep state theories.

I did not mean to contribute to any theory I was spitballing my insane shower thoughts and did not mean to represent them as fact. Any further engagement on this, or any fact driven thread will be done appropriately with sources to back up new information.

Back