Crossfit Level 1 doesn't make you a Coach

goon175

Ranger
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
As most of you know, I'm a big fan of Crossfit. I also know that there are shortfalls with everything, to include Crossfit. I think this is a great article on one of those shortfalls, the Level 1 Certification. I think it's a great place to begin, but I also don't think it should be the only requirement to open your own Crossfit Gym either.

I am going to go out on a limb here with a statement:

Attending a CrossFit L1 Cert does not qualify you to coach CrossFit.

Now, before this is railed as blasphemy, let me put this into context.

How many college-educated graduates set upon their first teaching job with the intent of changing the world with never-before-tried teaching methods, their Dead Poet’s Society “rip it out!” shtick, and a commitment to bringing to life the concepts of teaching they’d imagined since they were just kids themselves? Then the real world sets in and they find that what they thought would be effective actually doesn’t work at all. In fact, it takes years of honing skills, relationships, methods, curriculum, and practical experience before they can really call themselves “teachers.” You get a teaching certificate. But only after exposure to experience and ongoing real-world practical experience, do you become a teacher.

Read the rest at: http://breakingmuscle.com/crossfit/the-crossfit-l1-cert-doesnt-make-you-a-coach

^"There isn’t a great geographical or cultural difference between Cincinnati and Cleveland"
I stopped reading after this retarded statement, hopefully he put more research in the rest of his piece.

Back