Cycling

I've been riding my bike to work when I can, but after yesterday that's stopping as I was nearly run over by a car that failed to yield at a stop light. I was on a bike trail sidewalk that has the right of way at stop lights when turning. Said person didn't stop when they were turning and I was forced to turn sharply right (clipped in and moving at 20mph). I ended up dumping myself and eating pavement. Thankfully I am a staunch believer in helmets otherwise my head would match my leg. I need to buy new cleat as the side I landed is now gone as a result of skidding on asphalt. I'm still a little sore (getting old sucks. Yay mid 30's!) but otherwise in tact minus some scabs and road rash on my leg and forearm. Guess I'll need to bust out the mountain bike that has been sitting for a year and start trail riding again.

Last edited:
I've been riding my bike to work when I can, but after yesterday that's stopping as I was nearly run over by a car that failed to yield at a stop light. I was on a bike trail sidewalk that has the right of way at stop lights when turning. Said person didn't stop when they were turning and I was forced to turn sharply right (clipped in and moving at 20mph). I ended up dumping myself and eating pavement. Thankfully I am a staunch believer in helmets otherwise my head would match my leg. I need to buy new cleat as the side I landed is now gone as a result of skidding on asphalt. I'm still a little sore (getting old sucks. Ya mind 30's!) but otherwise in tact minus some scabs and road rash on my leg and forearm. Guess I'll need to bust out the mountain bike that has been sitting for a year and start trail riding again.
Was the driver HOT?

I was north bound at a red light. Got the green and started to proceed when my peripheral vision caught two bicyclists who had no intention of stopping. I slammed the brakes. They laughed. They lived.

Fucking Cunts.

Yep, many of them don't want to follow any of the traffic laws until they are ran over by a vehicle and then they decide to claim that the "driver wasn't following the law."

The cyclists here usually bike on the shoulder of the parkway, which I don’t understand how it can be legal when it’s use is as an emergency shoulder. And expect you to move over to the left lane, which isn’t always entirely possible when you’re nearing a left turn only at an intersection. I’ve had a few try to chase me down, flipping me off, good thing my truck has a motor in it, the scary men in spandex could of really roughed me up.

The cyclists here usually bike on the shoulder of the parkway, which I don’t understand how it can be legal when it’s use is as an emergency shoulder. And expect you to move over to the left lane, which isn’t always entirely possible when you’re nearing a left turn only at an intersection. I’ve had a few try to chase me down, flipping me off, good thing my truck has a motor in it, the scary men in spandex could of really roughed me up.
You slow down then! You are the reason cyclists get killed. We can ride right down the center of the lane.

Yah know....this may be the wrong thread to sing your anti biking biases.

the scary men in spandex could of really roughed me up.

You meant to be sarcastic, but consider your audience.

You slow down then! You are the reason cyclists get killed. We can ride right down the center of the lane.
I follow the speed limit, and I always look out for cyclists and motorcyclists because they’re way more vulnerable than any other vehicle. I just beef with the guys here because they flip people off and try to catch up to people at lights to spew rage at them. But from my personal experience, I can’t always get over an entire lane to give them that space. I slowly creep up and give a good distance between me and them and I have still gotten the bird.

Yah know....this may be the wrong thread to sing your anti biking biases.

You meant to be sarcastic, but consider your audience.
I’m not anti biking, i should of prefaced it with that, I just have had bad experiences with certain cyclists here.

I follow the speed limit, and I always look out for cyclists and motorcyclists because they’re way more vulnerable than any other vehicle. I just beef with the guys here because they flip people off and try to catch up to people at lights to spew rage at them. But from my personal experience, I can’t always get over an entire lane to give them that space. I slowly creep up and give a good distance between me and them and I have still gotten the bird.
3 feet min, if you can’t do that then you wait until you can. That simple

When on patrol, I've worked a lot of bike/vehicle accidents, luckily only a few were serious and a couple were fatal. Seen fault on both sides....drivers not paying attention or crowding bikes and bikers who have the right to be on the roadway and classified as a vehicle (Texas), but don't think the red lights or stop signs apply to them...can't have it both ways.

I'll have to get some pictures of my two race bikes from when I competing professionally.

Surprise twist to us biking today. After we rode the trails we jumped back in the car and went down to ride the boardwalk at the ocean front. We ended up dropping the bikes back off at the car and then walked to a restaurant on the water. In the hour and fifteen minutes we were in there, someone tried to steal my bike. We got home and when I took mine off the rack, the rear tire was disconnected. I luckily had put multiple locks on the bikes to prevent such a thing but didn't think it would actually happen.

Surprise twist to us biking today. After we rode the trails we jumped back in the car and went down to ride the boardwalk at the ocean front. We ended up dropping the bikes back off at the car and then walked to a restaurant on the water. In the hour and fifteen minutes we were in there, someone tried to steal my bike. We got home and when I took mine off the rack, the rear tire was disconnected. I luckily had put multiple locks on the bikes to prevent such a thing but didn't think it would actually happen.
Sadly, I'm not surprised.

Back