DESERT BOOTS by LOWA

JJOIFVET

Verified SOF
Those kind of look like the Kiowa http://www.bellevilleshoe.com/stylestr.php

tr_kiowa_mc.jpg

Do you know if these boots are breathable? I am looking for something that I can wear in the blistering hot shit hole. I have Merrells for the winter and I have a new pair of Merrell coming to assault in, but I am always looking for something new.

Lowa Brand are the dogs bollox! Very popular this side of the pond with Irish and UK Soldiers..

http://www.lowaboots.com/catalog/ShowBoot.cfm?StockNum=3105350411&Category=8&Type=M

Has anyone ever seen these boots or have a pair. Myself and some other guys are thinking about buying a pair and try out in the desert. I am tired of the Oakley boots because they always fall apart. I want to know if anyone has ever worn these boots and are they tough enough to withstand the desert while wearing kit?

I will have to order those in Aug after I get ahead. This month and last has killed me, but those look badass. I hope they keep together. If they had a lifetime warranty, that would be money.

I'm surprised any of the PX's haven't got them at your location:uhh:

A friend of mine talked ATS Tactical Gear into putting them in their show room. They can get them a whole lot cheaper than what we pay for them, but they will mark them up of course. But until they get them in their store, no one around Ft. Campbell carries these boots.

Although I haven't got those particular boots, I use the Lowa Combat GTX's. If their desert boots are anywhere near the same quality, they're good to go.

Bros, what's the advantage of a low ankle boot as opposed to a higher ankle boot? Wouldn't this boot be better traditional height for more calf/ankle support?

For Grand Canyon work, the Lowa's have rated right up with Merrils for comfort and dependability. Usually a great product. :cool:
In fact for pure Comfort, the Lowa's are tops, from my experience, and still seem to hold up.

For Grand Canyon work, the Lowa's have rated right up with Merrils for comfort and dependability. Usually a great product. :cool:
In fact for pure Comfort, the Lowa's are tops, from my experience, and still seem to hold up.

That is what I am looking for. Something that holds up under extreme conditions. I have several pair of Merrells myself, but my last pair I was disappointed in. The front of them came apart after only having them for a week and I was in the mountains of Oregon and my damn feet got wet. I still love their shoes, but I am always on the look out for a new and better product. Especially if I can get my company to buy them for the guys.

Oh yeah, that version of Lowa, won't be out until the end of July. Damn them. I wanted them yesterday.

Back