Difference between SARC and IDC?

Thank you to everyone here that helped me and gave me information my first day being on this forum and it has helped immensely, thank you and if you've served thank you for your service.

An IDC, SARC or otherwise, has greater medical authorities than a basic medic, Corpsman, SARC or SOCM. In the Navy an IDC can run sick call and prescribe medicine. That is the big difference. They are trusted to conduct medical consultations "independent" of a medical officer. I don't know how the Army runs it. I think an 18D graduates with an IDC equivalent qualification.

An IDC, SARC or otherwise, has greater medical authorities than a basic medic, Corpsman, SARC or SOCM. In the Navy an IDC can run sick call and prescribe medicine. That is the big difference. They are trusted to conduct medical consultations "independent" of a medical officer. I don't know how the Army runs it. I think an 18D graduates with an IDC equivalent qualification.

While we attend the exact same course and training, an SOIDC has greater autonomy than we do due to the Navy's regulations.

Thank you very much I'm just nervous for the transition into military life I'm only 18 years old but thank you you're very right

Eyes open, ears open, mouth shut, be the grey man and learn. Produce beyond standards, be a team player, when the time comes to get some, get some. It goes for anything in the service. Oh, I was Army but boot camp is designed teach EVERYTHING their way. Don't over think. Just preform...

M.

Back