"Do No Harm/Do Know Harm" morale patch?

J

jelco90

I found one of these patches recently and was wonderig where they came from and if they indicate any specific unit. Im not able to post a photo but its the patch with a Star of Life, skull, and the words "Do no Harm on top and on the bottom "Do Know Harm".
Thanks for any help. I dont want to be looking like a poser if some one sees me with the patch!
Jelco90

Sorry. I dont have a photo to show but I saw one on ebay in MultiCam colors as I was researching the patch. I wish I had the abilitay to send you a phot of the one I have but im not geared to do so. Thanks again for any help.
Jelco90

OD: I dont have a real answer on that but "Do No Harm" comes from the medical creed where it is stated "First do no harm". "Do Know Harm " is up for interpretation. My take is To know all about harm as a medic. Thanks for your help.
Jelco90

OD: Thanks for the link. I have an ACU colored version. There is not much about exactly what "Do no Harm"/"Do know Harm" means.
Jelco90

Helomedic: That is the patch Im trying to find info on. My version is in ACU colors but its still the same thing. I cant find any one who has them. Ive been in touch with milspecmonkey and am waiting on further info.
Cheers!
Jelco90

HeloMedic: Im going to order some for other medics in my unit as soon as I can confirm that these dont indicate a specific unit like the SEAL Corpsmen, PJs or some other high speed medics...I dont want to appear to be posing. But yes its a great patch! Id like to meet who ever invented it.
Stay Safe
Jelco

Jelco, i've never heard of the "do no harm" patch as a PJ thing. Hell, as far as i'm concerned, if someone gets bent outta shape over a patch, their head's in the wrong place. I'd say run with it man; Morale for your boys is primary.

I know this was from a while ago, but I'd still like to know if it's PJ or what. Thanks :o

OD: I dont have a real answer on that but "Do No Harm" comes from the medical creed where it is stated "First do no harm". "Do Know Harm " is up for interpretation. My take is To know all about harm as a medic. Thanks for your help.
Jelco90

Last edited:
Back