"Do No Harm/Do Know Harm" morale patch?

J

jelco90

I found one of these patches recently and was wonderig where they came from and if they indicate any specific unit. Im not able to post a photo but its the patch with a Star of Life, skull, and the words "Do no Harm on top and on the bottom "Do Know Harm".
Thanks for any help. I dont want to be looking like a poser if some one sees me with the patch!
Jelco90

J

jelco90

Sorry. I dont have a photo to show but I saw one on ebay in MultiCam colors as I was researching the patch. I wish I had the abilitay to send you a phot of the one I have but im not geared to do so. Thanks again for any help.
Jelco90

J

jelco90

OD: I dont have a real answer on that but "Do No Harm" comes from the medical creed where it is stated "First do no harm". "Do Know Harm " is up for interpretation. My take is To know all about harm as a medic. Thanks for your help.
Jelco90

J

jelco90

OD: Thanks for the link. I have an ACU colored version. There is not much about exactly what "Do no Harm"/"Do know Harm" means.
Jelco90

J

jelco90

Helomedic: That is the patch Im trying to find info on. My version is in ACU colors but its still the same thing. I cant find any one who has them. Ive been in touch with milspecmonkey and am waiting on further info.
Cheers!
Jelco90

J

jelco90

HeloMedic: Im going to order some for other medics in my unit as soon as I can confirm that these dont indicate a specific unit like the SEAL Corpsmen, PJs or some other high speed medics...I dont want to appear to be posing. But yes its a great patch! Id like to meet who ever invented it.
Stay Safe
Jelco

JustAnotherJ

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Jelco, i've never heard of the "do no harm" patch as a PJ thing. Hell, as far as i'm concerned, if someone gets bent outta shape over a patch, their head's in the wrong place. I'd say run with it man; Morale for your boys is primary.

Sar

Unverified
I know this was from a while ago, but I'd still like to know if it's PJ or what. Thanks :o

Red Flag 1

Verified Military
OD: I dont have a real answer on that but "Do No Harm" comes from the medical creed where it is stated "First do no harm". "Do Know Harm " is up for interpretation. My take is To know all about harm as a medic. Thanks for your help.
Jelco90

Last edited: